Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nashville Clan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    nice to hear, I'm not the only one who has lost value. still hoping for nashville. my attendence depends on another performance, i believe. course i could have lots of lazy days coming if it doesnt happen.
    sandy tampa 10

    Comment


    • #17
      I've got one board member that's arguing the point that I've been doing a good enough job that I don't need to go to these conferences. I've been trying to reinforce that these conferences are what's keeping me informed.

      The sad thing is that I'm half his DNA.

      Comment


      • #18
        I was told I would have an answer next week. Surprises me that after extrication equipment, HazMat testing equipment, a station generator, 3 laptop computers and SCBA that they are still questioning the expense. They don't even have to pay the whole trip, the neighboring dept is splitting the cost after I got them SCBA last year and it looks like an engine this year.

        Have been ready to give up on this. I shouldn't have to fight so hard just to be able to help my city.

        Reno '09, Tampa '10

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
          I've got one board member that's arguing the point that I've been doing a good enough job that I don't need to go to these conferences. I've been trying to reinforce that these conferences are what's keeping me informed.

          The sad thing is that I'm half his DNA.
          Catch22 I feel your pain guy. That's like subscribing to the theory that 1997 edition SCBA is still "good enough". Its very easy for all of them to forget that 4 years ago there was $540 million in this program compared to $330 million now, and the fact that people who have never applied for the grant programs belfore are now also scramblingto compete for these funds.
          Kurt Bradley
          Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
          " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

          Comment


          • #20
            Good news from Woodside, CA:

            Got the 10Q for our 2010 OPS and award notice. They have approved it, fully funded, no reductions. Federal Share is $86,461 for extrication tools/rescue airbags.

            Thanks again to Kurt and all of you Tampa folks, as usual the super summit help has been instrumental in our continued success.

            -Rob, Woodside, CA

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by esd View Post
              Good news from Woodside, CA:

              Got the 10Q for our 2010 OPS and award notice. They have approved it, fully funded, no reductions. Federal Share is $86,461 for extrication tools/rescue airbags.

              Thanks again to Kurt and all of you Tampa folks, as usual the super summit help has been instrumental in our continued success.

              -Rob, Woodside, CA
              Outstanding Rob see you in Nashville in a few weeks.
              Kurt Bradley
              Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
              " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

              Comment


              • #22
                Finally got the clearance to come to Nashville. Looking forward to seeing all the friendly grant gurus from the past couple years...

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Red712 View Post
                  Finally got the clearance to come to Nashville. Looking forward to seeing all the friendly grant gurus from the past couple years...
                  And we are glad to see you make it too!
                  Kurt Bradley
                  Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                  " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Congratulations to all the Tampa gang. You have done an awesome job. Last week the 1199 and ten questions dropped at the same time, for the regional communications grant. I hope to have joined the million dollar club. The skills and ideas shared provide a unique learning experience with experienced writers giving perspectives that helped create a solid narrative. Thank you again everyone for helping gain our goals. I must add thanks Dr. Sly for your confidence, jam for your interest and Kurt for giving us the best venue.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Knew for SURE it would happen. Congrats Sandy!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by sandy3810 View Post
                        Congratulations to all the Tampa gang. You have done an awesome job. Last week the 1199 and ten questions dropped at the same time, for the regional communications grant. I hope to have joined the million dollar club. The skills and ideas shared provide a unique learning experience with experienced writers giving perspectives that helped create a solid narrative. Thank you again everyone for helping gain our goals. I must add thanks Dr. Sly for your confidence, jam for your interest and Kurt for giving us the best venue.
                        Way to go Sandy that's why I keep doing these.
                        Kurt Bradley
                        Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                        " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Excellent job Sandy! Does this mean you will join us this year in Nashville?

                          -Erin

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Kurt,
                            Looks like I will make it to Nashville as well, I have been told the funds would be available.
                            Looking forward to the event.
                            Campbell

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by smokediver6102 View Post
                              Kurt,
                              Looks like I will make it to Nashville as well, I have been told the funds would be available.
                              Looking forward to the event.
                              Campbell
                              THat's great Campbell. Get registered as soon as possible.
                              Kurt Bradley
                              Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                              " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
                                I've got one board member that's arguing the point that I've been doing a good enough job that I don't need to go to these conferences. I've been trying to reinforce that these conferences are what's keeping me informed.

                                The sad thing is that I'm half his DNA.
                                I think that's a big part of it and I am equally at fault for not explaining to the town and department about what actually happens at the summits. It's a lot of fast paced work with information and beneficial ideas coming from everywhere. Surprising stuff.

                                One of the best tactical ideas I got was when leaving Reno riding the shuttle from the casino to the airport with hoser.

                                I may have to pull out funds from the bank account I set up for cash match donations. Not my departments hard earned money.

                                I wanna go to Nashville.

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X