Vehicle Grants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Grants

So, after getting our tanker grant, the question has already come up.

Can you get another engine grant?

I explained that I had not heard of any department - especially a small rural one, that has gotten 3 vehicle grants from AFG.

The smart aleck reply from the people who think that all we have to do is ask, "why can't we be the first department that does?"

So, why can't we be? Is it allowed?

You can. there is a small rural VFD in our county that has been awarded vehicle grants for the last 2 years in a row, and they were awarded another one this year in round 4. that makes 3 total vehicles for that department from afg. Hebron Fire Dept. Marshall County, Alabama. also my department won afg in 08 for new brush truck 90k, and we hit round 5 this year for new pumper 215k. guess anything is possible. Goodluck

Comment

Looks like you're up for a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
        So, after getting our tanker grant, the question has already come up.

Can you get another engine grant?

I explained that I had not heard of any department - especially a small rural one, that has gotten 3 vehicle grants from AFG.

The smart aleck reply from the people who think that all we have to do is ask, "why can't we be the first department that does?"

So, why can't we be? Is it allowed?
        All based on need guy. If the need is there, it is possible! Probable "no", possible "yes". Main thing I would think considered is # stations, call volume, average age of fleet!
        Kurt Bradley
        Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
        " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Apparently it's possible (it irks me someone beat me to it, though ).

I've been trying for since our '07 award for our second truck, but haven't been successful. Computer denials each attempt. I think the main reason is we've got one station and our average fleet age is 12 years old. The two grant apparatus aren't helping toward that end, it seems.

With us adding a station (hopefully before next application period), I'm hoping that boosts our need up a bit, but we'll see.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X