Took delivery...now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took delivery...now what?

I was lucky enough to be awarded a 2009 afg grant for turn out gear. The gear is here (well except for a few items on back order) and I recieved my funds from afg and am just waiting for my tresurer to cut the check. So now what? I have over $5000 in excess funds that I would like to spend to get some more gloves, hoods, & traffic safety vests for the dept and I would like to spend the rest on a cheap laptop, projector, and screen or fire prevention work. How do I go about getting these approved and the balls in motion. Also what reports do I have to file? Thanks

You can use up to $5,000 in total excess funds (95/5 match for rural, etc.) to purchase additional items such as gloves, hoods, etc. if they are eligible items which will expand your awarded activities. You do not need to seek DHS approval; in fact, filing an amendment for such will be denied.

Once those funds have been spent, if you still have excess funding, you must file an amendment or return any excess funds.

All of this must take place during the original period of performance or a reasonable time with an appropriate extension filed.

Page 63 of the 2009 AFG Guidance provides four options for your excess funding.

Comment

Don't forget individual flashlights to go with the new gear.

Comment

Question

We received a grant for a new scba fill station, compressor and cascade. We have approx. $1200 left over. We are in despirate need of some SCBA bottles. We had a bunch that went out of life span this month and failed to catch it in time. Would these fall under the scope of this project to where we would not need approval?

Comment

Yep

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...