Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Award Notifications

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Yes i will be there for sure, no problem getting the dept to pay for it after the award notification call to the chief. A quick question, does anyone have a outline or policy for a nfpa compliant drivers training program. Also looking for any help in creating a spec for a tanker. We are going to put together a committe and i would like to give them some direction. Any help can be mailed to [email protected].

    Thanks

    Comment


    • #62
      hoserbt,

      Congrats on the award.

      When did you get the 1199A and questions for your tanker. I've recieved the 1199A on 12-10 and the questions on 12-15 so I'm wondering what the time frame is to get the official notification after the questions.

      Sitting here waiting is driving me nuts

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by hoserbt View Post
        Yes i will be there for sure, no problem getting the dept to pay for it after the award notification call to the chief. A quick question, does anyone have a outline or policy for a nfpa compliant drivers training program. Also looking for any help in creating a spec for a tanker. We are going to put together a committe and i would like to give them some direction. Any help can be mailed to [email protected].

        Thanks
        I'm in the same boat.... I need assistance creating a spec for a new vac. tanker... Email [email protected]

        Comment


        • #64
          Chassis, pump, tank, compartment space. That's about it for a spec considering the bid rules from DHS to ensure multiple responses. Same reason that unless you have documented that you evaluated a vac tanker hands-on you can't write a bid spec for one if there's only one manufacturer. If you evalute different types of tankers and document who did the evaluation and why the results were the way they were, then you can write just for a vac tanker and get one bid back. If you're doing regular tanker then keep it basic and evaluate what you get back from vendors. Always include the option to get updated pricing from the vendors if you start liking options from oen or more. Have to give all the opportunity to give pricing on the options.

          Under features include things like scene lighting, foam, crosslays if you want at least minimal attack capabilities on it, number of dump valves, etc, etc. Your bid spec does not need to be 50 pages long including a whole bunch of stuff like the NFPA required stuff. If it already has to be included on the truck, don't waste time putting it in the bid spec since they can't sell you one (against AFG rules and common sense). The performance metrics of the pumps, tanks, and all that other stuff, same thing, it's already decided no matter what you put in the bid spec so keep the bid simple. We did the rescue truck in 2002 with a bullet point list of 20 items we couldn't live without and let the vendors figure out the rest. Why work harder than necessary. Or look over the new delivery sites and get a hold of the department for a copy of theirs plus pictures and anything they'd change now that they have hands on.
          Brian P. Vickers
          CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
          FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
          www.helpmewithgrants.com
          www.facebook.com/vcsinc

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by BC79er View Post
            Chassis, pump, tank, compartment space. That's about it for a spec considering the bid rules from DHS to ensure multiple responses. Same reason that unless you have documented that you evaluated a vac tanker hands-on you can't write a bid spec for one if there's only one manufacturer. If you evalute different types of tankers and document who did the evaluation and why the results were the way they were, then you can write just for a vac tanker and get one bid back. If you're doing regular tanker then

            Luckily, there are at least two manufactors of vacumn tankers.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by hoserbt View Post
              Well a new tanker for kansasville Fire and Rescue to replace our 33 year old sewer sucker truck. Special thanks to the tampa clan and Kurt for the training. 189,000 that is much needed.
              Way to Go Brian.

              You know its because you sat next to me in Reno.

              Now I am Jealous of you. LOL

              Comment


              • #67
                Just got my 10 ?'s today.

                Comment


                • #68
                  What's up??? no annoucements this week

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by chief1120 View Post
                    What's up??? no annoucements this week
                    There will be AFG & SAFER awards on Friday.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Just received the congressional call today -- now it is official - I will start the dance. Thanks to everyone for their input and help.

                      Dave

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Is the congressional people get thier notice a day late, I hope so and will still get the call today.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by chief1120 View Post
                          Is the congressional people get thier notice a day late, I hope so and will still get the call today.
                          No guarantee that your Congress Critter will notify you of the award. Some are very good at notifying their districts while others it is hit or miss.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by onebugle View Post
                            No guarantee that your Congress Critter will notify you of the award. Some are very good at notifying their districts while others it is hit or miss.
                            You made me think- Where has NEIOWA been lately?

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Regional Awarded

                              Just got notification we are being awarded our regional communication grant. Kurt, thanks for all the help its greatly appreciated.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by scott554 View Post
                                Just got notification we are being awarded our regional communication grant. Kurt, thanks for all the help its greatly appreciated.
                                As always my pleasure. Please give me a call today after 11:30AM ( have funeral of friend to attend at 10AM). 863-551-9598.
                                Kurt Bradley
                                Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                                " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X