Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quint > 76' question and narrative help

Ladies and Gents,

Looking for two things if any of you would be so kind as to assist.

1- What is the expected award cap of quint (76' or greater) for FY2011 AFG?

2- Exploring the possibility of a replacement piece for an 88 110' with canopy and lap belts only. Is this, if written correctly, a foreseeable award? It is the only thing over 76' in a 15 mile radius.

If there is a favorable possibility of funding, would anyone like to pass along similar narratives from their ladder award? I would certainly appreciate it.

Looking for a 95' MM platform with pump, foam, generator, ladders, and hosebed. No bells, no whistles, just a work truck.

Thanks,

Scott

$750k limit on towers most of the time, can get more if highly justified but very rare. Ideally have to have some paid personnel, and loads of 4+ story buildings in the first-due to beat the computer scoring. Open top and lap belts will help your case in the numbers.
    Brian P. Vickers
    CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
    FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
    www.helpmewithgrants.com
    www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Looks like your low call volume will hurt you as well with computer scoring.

Comment

thanks for the input guys, much appreciated!

I thought that the max was $750k but just wanted to make sure.

I respect the low call volume, certainly nothing we can do to change that. Are there other angles to pursue on this to off-set those low numbers?

The key is the computer scoring... I feel that if we can make that then we have at least a shot. It certainly will not hurt to try.

Again, thanks for the help!

Comment

If it's the most competitive truck app you can do over a pumper, tanker, or brush truck might as well spin the wheel. Doesn't hurt an equipment app to do it and one never knows who else plays the game and how the scoring goes.
          Brian P. Vickers
          CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
          FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
          www.helpmewithgrants.com
          www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er View Post
            $750k limit on towers most of the time, can get more if highly justified but very rare. Ideally have to have some paid personnel, and loads of 4+ story buildings in the first-due to beat the computer scoring. Open top and lap belts will help your case in the numbers.
            The 4+ story structures need to be occupied--grain elevators, silos, steeples and such don't count, especially in an audit. Added some emphasis on first-due also. Mutual aid helps in the narrative, not so much in computer scoring.

Hope this helps!!
            earl

Comment

Originally posted by Greenacres2 View Post
              The 4+ story structures need to be occupied--grain elevators, silos, steeples and such don't count, especially in an audit. Added some emphasis on first-due also. Mutual aid helps in the narrative, not so much in computer scoring.

Hope this helps!!
              earl
              Unless of course its an area constantly occupied by employees or others.

Comment

Originally posted by axe169 View Post
                thanks for the input guys, much appreciated!

I thought that the max was $750k but just wanted to make sure.

I respect the low call volume, certainly nothing we can do to change that. Are there other angles to pursue on this to off-set those low numbers?

The key is the computer scoring... I feel that if we can make that then we have at least a shot. It certainly will not hurt to try.

Again, thanks for the help!
                Throw more money at initial cost to lower what you are asking for. Think 80/20 instead of 95/5.Better to have 80% of something than 100% of nothing.
                Kurt Bradley
                Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse