No announcement yet.

Battle over grant funds in NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$25K could easily be for physicals, immmunizations etc. of that with 43 members at +$500 each. I too see both sides o fthis coin here and agree with most of the points rasied by each group but, bottom line of this lesson is quite simple. The applciations development shodlbe comprehensive in nature and it was not because obvioulsy not all the hom.ework was done here. As BC79er pointed out the equipment can't be put at the YMCA and I would seriously question requesting equipment without a pre-designed and appoved place to workout. Bottom line here is the shoud return the unused dollar and revisit this "solution" once they have those other concerns worked out.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Differences in approach. I don't bring coulda, woulda, shoulda, maybe stuff to council. For every grant you fill out how many are you successful with? I take them this is what was successful and this is our match/portion and were it's coming from. They don't like it they can find someone else to run the place.

You get a $100000 grant and can't come up with the last $5k or $10k from other sources? You're not trying very hard. EVERY grant source likes to be the last $ (key guy) in. Getting the same guy to put up the FIRST $5k of a $100k project. That's much more difficult.

And as above, there are truckloads of commercial surplus exercise equipment coming out of DOD weekly. If you FFP/FEPP state forester is broken the state surplus office can get for you (you'll have to negotiate a payment for processing the paperwork/getting it moved).

Comment

Kurt is right as well as several more of you. 70 grand is way too much $$ for the project. There's excellent used equipment out there for a fraction of that cost. Not to mention, there are A LOT of current Fire Act Grants written for LESS than a TOTAL of $70,000.00 that would benefit some very deserving small departments. Not that Firefighter fitness is not important, because it is. But the AFA people awarding this type of money shows me something's missing in this process! Looks to me like Extrication Tools, Air-Pacs, Gear, Thermal Imagers, & even Fire Engines are not too important anymore.
        It's great though! We'll have a bunch of healthy & fit firefighters with no equipment.
        Just my 2 cents...

Comment

From the looks of their website , they don't have a whole lot of needs. already gotten PPE communications, Packs from past grants.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X