Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 10Qs are here!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by cvfd View Post
    What exactly are these 10 Qs. This is my first time applying for the grant. I currently have a 1199a that I found a while back, but yet to see a 10q
    Here is the 10Q I got last year:



    Dear 2009 Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program Applicant:



    I am the Grants Management Specialist from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Grant Programs Directorate, assigned to review your Fiscal Year (FY) 2009 Assistance to Firefighters Grant Application. Your application was favorably reviewed by a panel of your peers. As such, I have a few matters to discuss/verify with you prior to processing your application any further. Please be advised, this is not a notification of award; it is only a preliminary discussion of your application. If the Program Office has made reductions to your original request, please maintain a copy of your E-mail accepting the reductions to your original application for your official records.



    1) If you are selected for a grant award, would you accept?



    2a) If you are selected for a grant award, can your department meet the required cost share?



    2b) How are you planning to meet the required cost-share?



    3) If you are selected for an award, do you understand that the grant funds can only be used to purchase the number and types of items listed in the Request Details section of the approved grant application and that you have to complete the project (i.e., order the goods or services, receive the goods or services, and accept the goods or services) within the grant’s one-year period of performance?



    4). If you are selected, do you understand that your department will be required to report to National Fire Incident Reporting System (NFIRS) for one year commencing at your earliest convenience during the performance period of the grant? Nonaffiliated EMS organizations do not have to comply with the NFIRS reporting requirement.



    If you need assistance reporting to NFIRS, you may call the support center toll free number 1-888-382-3827.



    5) Is your department fully compliant with the National Incident Management System (NIMS) directives issued by your State and your local jurisdiction?



    If you have any questions on National Incident Management System (NIMS), please call the Incident Management System Integration Division at (202) 646-3850 or E-mail them at [email protected].



    6a) Since submitting the application referenced herein, has your department had an urgent need to purchase any of the items requested in the application? If so, what was purchased, when was it purchased, and why?



    6b) If you used a grant writer and included the grant writer’s fee in your budget, please fax a copy of the bank statement and canceled check (front and back) that was paid to the grant writer to 202-786-9905, to the attention of the Grants Management Specialist who contacted you. Please include the following information: Grant Number, FD name, city and state.



    7) Do you have any changes to your contact information provided in your application, such as the names of the individuals, phone numbers, or email addresses?



    If the primary point of contact has a new email address, please follow the instructions below:



    Using the same user name and id when you applied for the grant, log into https://portal.fema.gov. Once you are into the Status screen, you will select Edit Profile located in the top of the screen. Your next screen will reveal your personal information where you will see your current email address listed. Once you have edited the email address you will click on the Save button. You will then receive a confirmation screen that your profile has been updated but you are NOT finished – you must click near the top left Authorized Applications. You will then click on Firefighters Grant link near the top left to ensure that all updated profile information is transferred through the system.



    8a) Do you have any changes to your DUNS number, EIN number or your banking information listed in your application?



    8b). Have you verified the EIN submitted (35-6007366) is correct?



    8c). Are you sharing an EIN with your city and/or county? If so, please name the parent entity.



    8d). Do you have authorization to use this EIN?



    9) Do you have any previous AFG grants that are past their period of performance and have not been closed out? (Performance on prior awards is taken into consideration when processing new applications. Closing out overdue AFG grants may further facilitate processing of your FY2009 application.)



    10) Have you received any other Federal funding this Fiscal Year?



    10a) If yes, please indicate the name of the agency that awarded you federal funding and a brief summary of the items that were awarded.

    Comment


    • #17
      Thanks for the imput. Would it be considered a bad thing that we haven't received the 10Q yet although we have been sitting on the 1199?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by cvfd View Post
        Thanks for the imput. Would it be considered a bad thing that we haven't received the 10Q yet although we have been sitting on the 1199?
        No, sit tight they will come when they are ready.
        Kurt Bradley
        Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
        " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by cvfd View Post
          Thanks for the imput. Would it be considered a bad thing that we haven't received the 10Q yet although we have been sitting on the 1199?
          No...this same thing happend to me last year. Everybody around (it seemed) was getting their 10Q except me. I got mine a week or two later. The ones that got their's first was in the 1st round of awards. We were awarded in round two. It is just scarry and hard to wait when they start dropping and yours hasn't. Last year was my first time awarded so I know what your feeling. Hang in there

          Comment


          • #20
            It would be my opinion that the first round is being fleshed out now.

            Once the 10Qs are answered and returned, the Elected Officials will be making some calls about the same time the Award Notifications go out.

            Expect a big round in a few weeks.

            It is also my opinion that all of the Computer rejections are out.

            If you didn't get rejected, and you don't have your grant number posted in a previous 1199, then sit tight. You are most likely sitting in Peer Review; your application is still under consideration.

            If this is your first year, or you have never been awarded a grant, and you did not get a rejection, you're probably in peer review, also under consideration. You cannot check a 1199 status until they send you a 1199 form.

            If you didn't get any news, for the moment, that is good news.

            If you received the 10Qs, Congratulations!
            HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

            Comment


            • #21
              Got mine at 4 pm on the dot. New hose to replace the 30-40 yo stuff.
              P.s. Sorry for the caps locked in that way for work

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by elk1544 View Post
                Got mine at 4 pm on the dot. New hose to replace the 30-40 yo stuff.
                P.s. Sorry for the caps locked in that way for work
                Hope the info I shared with you helped some Matt! Let me know if you need anything.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I brush truck would be great ryan. Your help was greatly appreciated

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by PaladinKnight View Post
                    It would be my opinion that the first round is being fleshed out now.

                    Once the 10Qs are answered and returned, the Elected Officials will be making some calls about the same time the Award Notifications go out.

                    Expect a big round in a few weeks.

                    It is also my opinion that all of the Computer rejections are out.

                    If you didn't get rejected, and you don't have your grant number posted in a previous 1199, then sit tight. You are most likely sitting in Peer Review; your application is still under consideration.

                    If this is your first year, or you have never been awarded a grant, and you did not get a rejection, you're probably in peer review, also under consideration. You cannot check a 1199 status until they send you a 1199 form.

                    If you didn't get any news, for the moment, that is good news.

                    If you received the 10Qs, Congratulations!
                    How far apart are the rounds of 10Q's? Awards are evey 2 weeks on Fridays? Correct? Is it common to get a 1199a request and never get the 10 Q's? If you get a 1199a does this mean it has gotten past the peer reviews?
                    Very nervous sitting tight on our first winner ever....

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by RFD68 View Post
                      How far apart are the rounds of 10Q's? Awards are evey 2 weeks on Fridays? Correct? Is it common to get a 1199a request and never get the 10 Q's? If you get a 1199a does this mean it has gotten past the peer reviews?
                      Very nervous sitting tight on our first winner ever....
                      1) On average the 10 q's appear about 1-2 weeks after the 1199A has posted, but there have been cases where the q's have taken more than a month to appear.

                      2) Awards occur weekly on Fridays. Once in a while they will skip a week to catch up, holidays etc.

                      3) Remember an 1199A is a potential indicator of an award not a guarantee. Yes, there have been instances where the 1199A has posted and has resulted in no award.

                      4) 99.9% of the time an 1199A means that the application made it to peer review. We have seen a couple of postings this year where the department has recieved an 1199A and just recieved a computer DJ. Still remains to be seen if that was in error.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Reducton in app. budget for 2010

                        Has anyone notice any reductions in their app. budget like what happened last year? I was wondering if we will see those deductions this year agian, or was it just one of those computer glitches from last year.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by rands1 View Post
                          Has anyone notice any reductions in their app. budget like what happened last year? I was wondering if we will see those deductions this year agian, or was it just one of those computer glitches from last year.
                          Reductions have been noticed like last year. There were postings beginning in late August of reductions.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by onebugle View Post
                            Reductions have been noticed like last year. There were postings beginning in late August of reductions.
                            Thanks, somehow I missed that. My vech. app didn't get read until the September peer review. So now it's the waiting game.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Curious if those with 10 Q's so far were also those who found 1199's first as well.

                              My 1199 showed up about a week after the first round of 1199's were found. Just wondering if AFG seems to be following the same timing in groups or not.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by BCCB View Post
                                Curious if those with 10 Q's so far were also those who found 1199's first as well.

                                My 1199 showed up about a week after the first round of 1199's were found. Just wondering if AFG seems to be following the same timing in groups or not.
                                Can't say if it was all of the 1199a receivers who got 10 qs but, most of my clients who had an 1199a awrar number posted also recived 10 questions email this week.
                                Kurt Bradley
                                Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                                " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X