Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jam24u
    replied
    It is great having you back on the forums Brian.

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Nah, as long as they aren't the ones creating a recommended spec for all departments to purchase from all is well. That's the same condition in most areas, especially with so many salespeople being responders also. As long as the sales life and responder life are separate there's no conflict.

Leave a comment:

• BSFD9302
    replied
    Originally posted by BC79er View Post
    Are they employees of the Fire Commission because they're Fire Instructors as another part of their life, or are they required to be instructor certified since they have to provide training on the equipment they sell?

Either way don't see it being an issue because the conflict of interest wording was intended to prevent the same person from writing the grant and then writing the spec on top of selling the equipment/vehicle to the department. As long as they aren't the ones writing the grant and handling the bid process there's no conflict.
    They are instructors, board members and other management staff.

I just don't what to get into a gray area that could raise some flags.

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Are they employees of the Fire Commission because they're Fire Instructors as another part of their life, or are they required to be instructor certified since they have to provide training on the equipment they sell?

Either way don't see it being an issue because the conflict of interest wording was intended to prevent the same person from writing the grant and then writing the spec on top of selling the equipment/vehicle to the department. As long as they aren't the ones writing the grant and handling the bid process there's no conflict.

Leave a comment:

• BSFD9302
    started a topic Conflict of INterest Question

Conflict of INterest Question

I am fully aware of the conflict of interest section of the guidelines but there is a question that is bugging me and I really do not know what to do.

Many vendors of the equipment we are awarded a grant for are actually employees of the State Fire Commission, which handles all state training, records, instructor classes, props, etc.

Since they are employees of the fire commission do they fall under the conflict of interest guidelines?

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X