X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLY4420
    replied
    Originally posted by BSFD9302 View Post
    I made a similar mistake with mine, I had paid instead of volunteer. A very helpful AFG agent contacted me and told me no worries. I was really relieved.
    It's certainly possible that this had no affect on your overall score, but when they start down the list, remember that there are funding limits for career and volunteer agencies. It is certainly possible that this would affect your chance at funding.

Leave a comment:

• BSFD9302
    replied
    I made a similar mistake with mine, I had paid instead of volunteer. A very helpful AFG agent contacted me and told me no worries. I was really relieved. Also, did you ask for some funds for training on the TIC? If so the 1% may help. I am not sure. I try not to worry about the scoring once it is submitted because there is nothing that can be done at that point as I abruptly found out.

Also it is best to use IE when filling out the app, as I found out and have been told by the same AFG agent.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefKN
    replied
    Originally posted by Leedsfighting17 View Post
    I knew they couldn't change it. And yeah I just noticed its a percentage not the number of firefighters. Just wasn't sure if there was anything worth trying. I'd hate to lose out on the grant over 1 typo.
    Yea.... those of us in NJ are aware of that problem.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/26/ny.../26njrace.html

Leave a comment:

• Leedsfighting17
    replied
    see thats part of the reason a called it a stupid mistake. i looked the app over before sumbition and i remember having to do the calculation to figure out the %. maybe it was right and is glitched

Leave a comment:

• Catch22
    replied
    Originally posted by Limeforever View Post
    I think there was some kind of a glitch in their system, as I also had a check beside the federal fire department question, and have spoke with a few others who have said the same thing. I always do a final read through just before I submit to ensure everything has transferred over without a glitch, and was about 100% positive it was not there when I did the read through, but when I looked back it was was checked.
    That makes me feel better. I do the same pre-submission check and would swear everything was in order.

Leave a comment:

• Greenacres2
    replied
    Leeds--i think that is still a "survey" question, not a "points" question, if that's right it doesn't affect scoring at all. The smart people will correct me if i'm wrong on that.

Shoot--just checked our apps and my departments haven't shown up as "federal". With some of our best writers getting the federal click it makes me concerned!!

Leave a comment:

• Limeforever
    replied
    I think there was some kind of a glitch in their system, as I also had a check beside the federal fire department question, and have spoke with a few others who have said the same thing. I always do a final read through just before I submit to ensure everything has transferred over without a glitch, and was about 100% positive it was not there when I did the read through, but when I looked back it was was checked.

Leave a comment:

• Catch22
    replied
    I had what I thought was a fatal error on our 2010 app (somehow it got checked we were a federal FD), yet we still have an 1199a update, if that makes you feel better.

Leave a comment:

• Leedsfighting17
    replied
    Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
    If oyur concern was the price you asked for, $9K is what they have been awarding for a TIC so you are alright.
    After quiet some time reading the posts of all "you smart people" I knew the $9k was a good number. Im just concerned that the stupid mistake of stating 1% trained to ff1 vs our actual 90% trained was going to throw me out of the running.

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied
    Originally posted by Leedsfighting17 View Post
    I asked for $9000 for a TIC. we've never had one before. hoped this was gonna be a no brainer grant. now i'm just a little concerned.
    If oyur concern was the price you asked for, $9K is what they have been awarding for a TIC so you are alright.

Leave a comment:

• Leedsfighting17
    replied
    I asked for $9000 for a TIC. we've never had one before. hoped this was gonna be a no brainer grant. now i'm just a little concerned.

Leave a comment:

• Not2L84U2
    replied
    I would probably agree with Jam here. Depending upon what your request was for, I would think that error would not have a large bearing on your results.

Leave a comment:

• jam24u
    replied
    I have made errors before. Although it cannot be changed and AFG states it will not, you can follow up with an email to explain the mistake. but it should be done right away and before peer.

Frankly, I am not sure if what you described will have that much effect.

Leave a comment:

• Leedsfighting17
    replied
    I knew they couldn't change it. And yeah I just noticed its a percentage not the number of firefighters. Just wasn't sure if there was anything worth trying. I'd hate to lose out on the grant over 1 typo.

Leave a comment:

• chief14oc
    replied
    IMHO that should not affect your chances. Some peer reviewers would catch that as an entry error particurally if your narrative stated the facts concerning the number of FFI trained firefighters you have. I wouldn't sweat it.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X