Fatal flaw in my 2010 AFG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal flaw in my 2010 AFG?

checked my 2010 AFG OPS today. Realized that under # of firefighters trained to FF1 I accidentally put 1. Not 44 out of 50 like I noted in my narative. All my other info was correct and almost identical to the info provided for my 2009 AFG OPS that I was awarded in like the 3rd round. How much of an effect do you think it had? Is it worth calling the help desk for any reason?

They cannot change your application after submission.

Comment

It doesn't ask you how many in the data entry portion, it asks the percentage. So if you entered 1, you have 1% certified.

As CCC said, nothing can be changed anyway, however I will say that I have seen awards with 0; although it is certainly possible that the number is factored into your overall score.

Comment

IMHO that should not affect your chances. Some peer reviewers would catch that as an entry error particurally if your narrative stated the facts concerning the number of FFI trained firefighters you have. I wouldn't sweat it.

Comment

I knew they couldn't change it. And yeah I just noticed its a percentage not the number of firefighters. Just wasn't sure if there was anything worth trying. I'd hate to lose out on the grant over 1 typo.

Comment

I have made errors before. Although it cannot be changed and AFG states it will not, you can follow up with an email to explain the mistake. but it should be done right away and before peer.

Frankly, I am not sure if what you described will have that much effect.

Comment

I would probably agree with Jam here. Depending upon what your request was for, I would think that error would not have a large bearing on your results.

Comment

I asked for $9000 for a TIC. we've never had one before. hoped this was gonna be a no brainer grant. now i'm just a little concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Leedsfighting17 View Post
                  I asked for $9000 for a TIC. we've never had one before. hoped this was gonna be a no brainer grant. now i'm just a little concerned.
                  If oyur concern was the price you asked for, $9K is what they have been awarding for a TIC so you are alright.
                  Kurt Bradley
                  Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                  " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
                    If oyur concern was the price you asked for, $9K is what they have been awarding for a TIC so you are alright.
                    After quiet some time reading the posts of all "you smart people" I knew the $9k was a good number. Im just concerned that the stupid mistake of stating 1% trained to ff1 vs our actual 90% trained was going to throw me out of the running.

Comment

I had what I thought was a fatal error on our 2010 app (somehow it got checked we were a federal FD), yet we still have an 1199a update, if that makes you feel better.

Comment

I think there was some kind of a glitch in their system, as I also had a check beside the federal fire department question, and have spoke with a few others who have said the same thing. I always do a final read through just before I submit to ensure everything has transferred over without a glitch, and was about 100% positive it was not there when I did the read through, but when I looked back it was was checked.

Comment

Leeds--i think that is still a "survey" question, not a "points" question, if that's right it doesn't affect scoring at all. The smart people will correct me if i'm wrong on that.

Shoot--just checked our apps and my departments haven't shown up as "federal". With some of our best writers getting the federal click it makes me concerned!!

Comment

Originally posted by Limeforever View Post
                            I think there was some kind of a glitch in their system, as I also had a check beside the federal fire department question, and have spoke with a few others who have said the same thing. I always do a final read through just before I submit to ensure everything has transferred over without a glitch, and was about 100% positive it was not there when I did the read through, but when I looked back it was was checked.
                            That makes me feel better. I do the same pre-submission check and would swear everything was in order.

Comment

see thats part of the reason a called it a stupid mistake. i looked the app over before sumbition and i remember having to do the calculation to figure out the %. maybe it was right and is glitched

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X