2010- 10 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Firechief56 View Post
    So, Kurt now this raises a question about bids. I have always thought I could call for bids on anything I want, anytime I want. It doesn't mean I am going to buy it. Confused.
    Oh you can call for bids anytime you want, if its coming out of your budget, but its always better to get a bid, after a grant award for 2 reasons:

1.) Most manufacturers only honor the bids for 90 days or so; so it prevents surprises.
    2.) At this point, without an award letter in hand, you may not know that they still may reduce your award.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

So, Kurt now this raises a question about bids. I have always thought I could call for bids on anything I want, anytime I want. It doesn't mean I am going to buy it. Confused.
      You can call for bids at any time, but under AFG they will not be valid for the purpose of an award.

From the PG:

(6) Conduct all bidding activities (solicitation, receipt, and evaluation) after award, i.e., during the period of performance. Quotes obtained prior to submittal of the application - for the purposes of applying for this grant - are not considered to be sufficient to satisfy the requirements for competition as outlined at 44 CFR Part 13. Grantees may be jeopardizing their awards if they do not adhere to the requirements set forth herein.

Comment

Originally posted by onebugle View Post
        You can call for bids at any time, but under AFG they will not be valid for the purpose of an award.

From the PG:
        Yep, however doesn't mean you can't get all your ducks in a row. There will be a lot of details that can be prepted in advance of the award. About the only thing I would recommend is to make sure everything, emails, bid specs, are dated after the award notification comes in.

Comment

There is a lot of work that goes into putting specs together for most any type of bid, whether it is a truck or a piece of hose. Spend your time going through the list of items and working on those specs and certainly doesn't mean that you can't start looking at products and working on the decisions that go into the process prior to the process actually starting.

Comment

You can get prices any time you want, if that's what you're referring to as "call for bids". I usually call a couple of reps after we get the 1199a just to make sure the pricing I put in is still applicable.

But once you start requesting "bids", it signifies you're getting ready to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
              You can get prices any time you want, if that's what you're referring to as "call for bids". I usually call a couple of reps after we get the 1199a just to make sure the pricing I put in is still applicable.

But once you start requesting "bids", it signifies you're getting ready to buy it.
              Don’t forget that last year some got an 1199A that also got a DJ at the end. Let’s hope things go better than it did last year.

Comment

Hoping we get our 1199 this year. It's been a long year to date and could use the boost.

Comment

Originally posted by mtndew21 View Post
                  Hoping we get our 1199 this year. It's been a long year to date and could use the boost.
                  Actually been praying for an Iowan to get a quick attack this year.

Comment

Originally posted by dfd701 View Post
                    Don’t forget that last year some got an 1199A that also got a DJ at the end. Let’s hope things go better than it did last year.
                    Another good reason to avoid going to bid.

When I do get pricing from the guys early, they know exactly what I'm doing and understand I'm not wanting anything that's "official" or their bottom dollar. It's just to make sure my estimates are still in line and to allow me an opportunity to make any adjustments in my mindset prior to going to bid.

Comment

Originally posted by jam24u View Post
                      Actually been praying for an Iowan to get a quick attack this year.
                      OOOH what Jim? I thought those Indians was peaceful now a days. It has been one of those days today. I needed a good laugh.
                      Have a good one and stay safe.

Comment

OK AFG you have had a rest after doing the 2010 AFG reviews and SAFER now lets get those questions rolling out and some awards rolling out in here before November!
                        Kurt Bradley
                        Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                        " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
                          OK AFG you have had a rest after doing the 2010 AFG reviews and SAFER now lets get those questions rolling out and some awards rolling out in here before November!
                          Yes,

I have a reduction, but no 1199 or anything as yet. Do not want this to be a no award year.

Comment

Originally posted by dfd701 View Post
                            OOOH what Jim? I thought those Indians was peaceful now a days. It has been one of those days today. I needed a good laugh.
                            Have a good one and stay safe.
                            I have a good laugh for you. I pity whoever plays Alabama this Saturday as the Tide is going to play like they're insane.

Comment

Did your reduction post today or when? I am getting Anxious!

Comment

Originally posted by jam24u View Post
                                I have a good laugh for you. I pity whoever plays Alabama this Saturday as the Tide is going to play like they're insane.

They need to, after the last game. Next week, the 23d, they are going to get
                                SLAUGHTERED! (Sung to Rockytop!)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X