2010 1199A - They're here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Congrats to you ( refresh my memory though, there were a few students in Portland). LOL!
    I'm Jen -- the mean, cruel woman who forced you to try Walla Walla onion rings at Burgerville.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdFloor View Post
      I'm Jen -- the mean, cruel woman who forced you to try Walla Walla onion rings at Burgerville.
      Oh yeah you really had to force me didn't you? Give me a shout and touch base 863-551-9598
      Kurt Bradley
      Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
      " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Money man if it was a trailer I don't think it is not considered a vehicle so the Tier priority would not be changed.
        Correct Kurt--trailer is not a vehicle so the vehicle matrix is not applicable. I too thought we were also "way out of the box" when we applied in 2009, but the use we have gotten out of ours since we put it in service is incredible. The fill capability we now have has brought that trailer to a variety of scenes, and it quickly becomes a central base when it goes out. We also spec'd an RV style commode so there is a small area to "freshen up" and that feature is greatly appreciated by many of our area firefighters.

It is a valuable enough piece of equipmant that i would favor air supply trailer as an available item for regional grants--not every department needs one, but in rural areas it's an important thing to have available within a half-hour to an hour. Three bottle cascade on a truck gets it done most of the time, but when it doesn't the trailer is a great multi-function tool.

Just my opinion...
        earl

earl

Comment

Originally posted by davepa View Post
          2 questions.

1: Most of the recent chatter has been about 1199As. Has anybody seen any recent reductions to their budgets (i.e., within the past 2 weeks)?

2: Has anybody received a reduction and/or an 1199A for a vehicle exhaust system or generator? (I know these are lower priority)

-dave
          I have a client with an award # on a vehicle exhaust system with no reductoins at this point for $167K.
          Kurt Bradley

Comment

ne
            Originally posted by Greenacres2 View Post
            Correct Kurt--trailer is not a vehicle so the vehicle matrix is not applicable. I too thought we were also "way out of the box" when we applied in 2009, but the use we have gotten out of ours since we put it in service is incredible. The fill capability we now have has brought that trailer to a variety of scenes, and it quickly becomes a central base when it goes out. We also spec'd an RV style commode so there is a small area to "freshen up" and that feature is greatly appreciated by many of our area firefighters.

It is a valuable enough piece of equipmant that i would favor air supply trailer as an available item for regional grants--not every department needs one, but in rural areas it's an important thing to have available within a half-hour to an hour. Three bottle cascade on a truck gets it done most of the time, but when it doesn't the trailer is a great multi-function tool.

Just my opinion...
            earl

earl
            Well great minds think alike Earl. LOL!We have done a few rehab and air trailer combos succesfully over last couple of years. I agree with you on it being a great "sharing" asset wherever it is at.
            Kurt Bradley

Comment

I have a client with an award # on a vehicle exhaust system with no reductoins at this point for $167K.
              Excellent! Are they a career 24/7 station? Also - is it a hose based system, and how many drops?

Thanks
              -dave

Comment

Originally posted by Greenacres2 View Post

Just my opinion...
                earl

earl
                Earl, if you don't mind I may try to get with you on that project some time. I'm looking at combo unit like you're describing for next year's project. With the number of bigger fires and more usage of mutual aid in our area, one would be very beneficial.

Comment

Jen, Yippie, gee, your getting good at this!! Send us something you guys have worn out, ok?

Originally posted by 3rdFloor View Post
                  Oh, my. Look at that.

An 1199A, and no reduction (yet).

If this really, truly happens, it'll be my first successful vehicle grant.

Thanks again for your class, Kurt!

Comment

Originally posted by davepa View Post
                    Excellent! Are they a career 24/7 station? Also - is it a hose based system, and how many drops?

Thanks
                    -dave
                    Career, 3- stations, not sure on the type VES or drops requested.There was also a sprinkler system included for one station
                    Kurt Bradley

Comment

Has anyone recieved a rejection letter or email yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcusfirefighter View Post
                        Has anyone recieved a rejection letter or email yet?
                        Not yet, they woudl usually follow wihtin a few weeks after awards start.
                        Kurt Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
                          Earl, if you don't mind I may try to get with you on that project some time. I'm looking at combo unit like you're describing for next year's project. With the number of bigger fires and more usage of mutual aid in our area, one would be very beneficial.
                          Not a problem. Just shoot me a message sometime.

earl

Comment

Currently on a flight to LAX; FlightAware.com shows me somewhere over Kentucky at 30,000 feet. Checking 1199As.

Is this a record?

Comment

Originally posted by SLY4420 View Post
                              Currently on a flight to LAX; FlightAware.com shows me somewhere over Kentucky at 30,000 feet. Checking 1199As.

Is this a record?
                              Nope beat you last week when going to Harrisburg at 34K ft doing the same thing Sly.LOL!
                              Kurt Bradley

Comment

Just climbed to 32,000 due to turbulance. We'll see if I can top it

In the meantime, just had a seizure patient in 8A I had to tend to. At least on this flight when they paged for medical assistance, no dental hygenists showed up like my Seattle flight

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X