No announcement yet.

2010 1199A - They're here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soooooo....will they be dropping this Fri, next Fri, or will we see another month go by checking our application every other hour????

Comment

• Originally posted by fireman8611 View Post
      Soooooo....will they be dropping this Fri, next Fri, or will we see another month go by checking our application every other hour????
      My crystal ball has gone dark; anyone's guess right now.
      Kurt Bradley
      Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
      " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

• My understanding is things are at a standstill until the appropriated funds get into the AFG accounts. Now looking at late November/December for awards the earliest.

So much for the push to get things awarded.

Comment

• Originally posted by onebugle View Post
          My understanding is things are at a standstill until the appropriated funds get into the AFG accounts. Now looking at late November/December for awards the earliest.

Unbeleivable, so in other words, til Congress goes back in session again and.. the darn elections are over. Everybody afraid to make a move ! Amzing that this is bcoming the norm, not the exception.
          Kurt Bradley

Comment

• Originally posted by onebugle View Post
            My understanding is things are at a standstill until the appropriated funds get into the AFG accounts. Now looking at late November/December for awards the earliest.

sigh.........................

Comment

• The word I got yesterday- They are waiting for the government to actually provide the funds before they start the awards. With the whole end of year stuff, it could still be a little bit yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red712 View Post
                The word I got yesterday- They are waiting for the government to actually provide the funds before they start the awards. With the whole end of year stuff, it could still be a little bit yet.
                And since the budget is only running right now on a continuing resolution, we will have to wait for Congress to reconvene.
                Kurt Bradley

Comment

• Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
                  And since the budget is only running right now on a continuing resolution, we will have to wait for Congress to reconvene.
                  Dag gum!! Seems like everything is on hold until after the election. That is all I hear lately. Might as well go fishing.

Comment

• Originally posted by dfd701 View Post
                    Dag gum!! Seems like everything is on hold until after the election. That is all I hear lately. Might as well go fishing.
                    Yea well I would imagine that a lot of mid-term Congressional types are running scared right now.I pet the "pucker factor" is at " needle and a sledgehammer" stage about now. I agree though.. time to go deer hunting! Look out Bambi I am on my way to SC next week and I have become very impatient about waiting for anything. If its brown, its down!
                    Kurt Bradley

Comment

• Deer season opens tomorrow morning here, might as well head for the woods and fill the freezer!

At least all the B S political ads will stop after next Tuesday.
                      Never seen so much out of state PAC money being spent for negative ads.

Comment

• Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
                        Deer season opens tomorrow morning here, might as well head for the woods and fill the freezer!

At least all the B S political ads will stop after next Tuesday.
                        Never seen so much out of state PAC money being spent for negative ads.
                        Hey Ed, I am about ready to shoot something. Like the TV if I see another political add. I planted a whole case of saw tooth oaks about 10 years ago. I think it is around 500 to the case. I found out that kind of work is for short people if you know what I mean. But anyway went to look at them Tuesday to see how they are coming along. They are already dropping acorns and the ground around the trees looks like a hog pin where the deer has been getting them as they fall. Looks like the place to be on opening day.
                        I know this is off topic but heck there is no movement on the grants to talk about. Hopefully next week something will be moving. Oh about the TV that reminds me of something. I have to tell you this one. Back in 1963 or so we didn’t have a TV so we had to go down the road to our neighbor’s house to watch it. The person that lived there kinder liked to drink. Like everyday all day. He had just got his brand new black & white TV and back then they cost a lot of money. He always kept a shotgun in the corner of the room and Gunsmoke was about to come on. He said he was going to out draw Mat Dillon. He grabbed his shotgun as Mat was about to draw he shot the new TV with a 12 gauge shotgun. Blow it to pieces. From then on out my Mom wouldn’t let us boy’s go back down there.
                        Have a great day Ed
                        Haven’t you all got snow already up there?

Comment

Hey Ed, I am about ready to shoot something. Like the TV if I see another political add. I planted a whole case of saw tooth oaks about 10 years ago. I think it is around 500 to the case. I found out that kind of work is for short people if you know what I mean. But anyway went to look at them Tuesday to see how they are coming along. They are already dropping acorns and the ground around the trees looks like a hog pin where the deer has been getting them as they fall. Looks like the place to be on opening day.
                          I know this is off topic but heck there is no movement on the grants to talk about. Hopefully next week something will be moving. Oh about the TV that reminds me of something. I have to tell you this one. Back in 1963 or so we didn’t have a TV so we had to go down the road to our neighbor’s house to watch it. The person that lived there kinder liked to drink. Like everyday all day. He had just got his brand new black & white TV and back then they cost a lot of money. He always kept a shotgun in the corner of the room and Gunsmoke was about to come on. He said he was going to out draw Mat Dillon. He grabbed his shotgun as Mat was about to draw he shot the new TV with a 12 gauge shotgun. Blow it to pieces. From then on out my Mom wouldn’t let us boy’s go back down there.
                          Have a great day Ed
                          Watched my aunt do the same thing to Matt with a holstered 45 long Colt single action.... she beat him too but, what was even funnier was my Uncle chaisng her ou terh door and down the street for shooting his "tellyvision"! My brothers and I were rolling on the floor laughing for a solid hour.
                          Kurt Bradley

Comment

• Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
                            Watched my aunt do the same thing to Matt with a holstered 45 long Colt single action.... she beat him too but, what was even funnier was my Uncle chaisng her ou terh door and down the street for shooting his "tellyvision"! My brothers and I were rolling on the floor laughing for a solid hour.
                            Hope none of the wife’s reading this don’t get any ideas. Like on football Saturdays were none of the honey do lists are not getting done. It is funny how you remember things long ago like that when you can’t remember what you eat for dinner yesterday.
                            That same person that shot his TV had a bunch of kids we use to play with. They gave him a new pair of shoes for his birthday. He walked over to the local bootlegger and traded his new shoes for a pint of moonshine. He knocked it out in a few swallows and handed the bottle back to him and walked back home barefooted. Brother and I were there at that time because we would pick up old whiskey bottles on the side of the road and sell them back to the bootlegger for 5 cents a bottle. That was until mother found out about it and our little enterprise was over with.

Comment

Have a great day Ed
                              I've got a patch of Big Oaks on my land up north thats the place to be for the bucks.
                              They sure do like to hang out there and chow down.

We don't usually get any snow until after thanksgiving , That is unless Kurt comes to town. Then all bets are off. We been in the 60's & 70's this week, down in the 30's at night.
                              Maybe all the grant $$$ folks are off to hunting camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
                                I've got a patch of Big Oaks on my land up north thats the place to be for the bucks.
                                They sure do like to hang out there and chow down.

We don't usually get any snow until after thanksgiving , That is unless Kurt comes to town. Then all bets are off. We been in the 60's & 70's this week, down in the 30's at night.
                                Maybe all the grant $$$ folks are off to hunting camp.
                                Hey, hey, hey.... watch it now with that snow talk! I'm tyring to reach Thanksgiving at least before the Iceman moniker comes back.
                                Kurt Bradley

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse