Good Story About Catch22 And His Grants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
    Islandfire you better get you boat to dry dock. Looks like you are going to get a visit from an unwelcome guest. I think you all are going to get very wet. Say safe.
    dfd701
    We've hopefully lucked out on this one. There's a Canadian cold front coming in from the west, and since Earl slowed down yesterday , it looks like the cold front will get here first and push earl an additional 100 miles offshore. That will give us a bunch of rain late tonight , but only the backside winds which should stay under 60 mph. Just a minor blow for us.
    I'll let you know in the morning, as it's supposed to hit here starting around 9 tonight and be gone off into the Maritimes by daybreak. DownEast and New Brunswick will get whats left of the eye in the early AM.
    Got everything on storm moorings and a lot of the tourists had their expensive sailboats hauled out over the last couple days.[/QUOTE]

Been watching the forecast.....down to Cat 1. Looks like a tropical storm for our area.

Comment

Congrats.

What's the rule, if you get in the paper you have to buy us all lunch or dinner, right?
      I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
        Congrats.

What's the rule, if you get in the paper you have to buy us all lunch or dinner, right?
        Ice cream at a minimum

Comment

Nice article Catch22. Good PR for department and politically expedient letting your taxpayers know that your not coming to them with open hand every time you need something. Keep it up guy!
          Kurt Bradley
          Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
          " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Well the cold front won the race to Maine last night. We got rain starting at 8 pm last night and it poured heavy from midnight till 6 am today. somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 inches, but very little wind worthy of mentioning. Topped out at about 45 mph around 3 am. Around here thats hardly more than a gust to fill the sails.

Now back to our formerly scheduled program
            Great job Mike & the Purdy fire dept.

Comment

article

Great article Catch. I love seeing FD's getting the press they deserves. It is fantastic to see FD's moving forward to keep their citizens safe. Keep up the great work.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X