2010 safer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mwtetreault View Post
    Okay I know Kurt noticed but I am surprised there is no discussion about the 10 MILLION dollar SAFER to Fall River!
    Oh boy Mark are you ever stirring the pot this morning! LOL!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

?

Can anyone help me find out the status of the Safer grant 2011 award for Atlantic City Fire Department. Trenton just got there,s $13.7 Million Jan.14 I believe A.C.F.D. should get there award any day now. Any insight or info. would help tremendously.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix1 View Post
        Can anyone help me find out the status of the Safer grant 2011 award for Atlantic City Fire Department. Trenton just got there,s $13.7 Million Jan.14 I believe A.C.F.D. should get there award any day now. Any insight or info. would help tremendously.
        Unless someone out here knows what their userid and password is to their online applciation, none of us is going to be able to tell you that information. We would not have access to it. What makes you think they should be getting their award any day now? What is your basis for that statement?
        Kurt Bradley

Comment

I know you guys got an 1199a update and the customary questions. I would assume you are in line as long as the questions have been sent back to FEMA. If they/you haven't sent the questions back, nothing will happen. Once they are returned it is up to where you scored as to when you will get awarded. I would say it is going to happen....be patient (easy for me to say as I know many are sitting laid off).

Comment

More clarification emails have gone out to some prospective R&R awardees. No 1199As yet but good news isn't far off for some folks...
            Brian P. Vickers
            CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
            FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
            www.helpmewithgrants.com
            www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

would that suggest the end of the hiring questions and 1199 update requests soon?

Comment

Originally posted by ffp20 View Post
                would that suggest the end of the hiring questions and 1199 update requests soon?
                Certainly not.
                Kurt Bradley

Comment

They aim for rehiring/layoff prevention first, then additional positions, then R&R, but because some of the hiring end up not taking the money they circle around a bit. It's just like AFG, they mix things up between Ops, Vehicles, and Regionals so all the same aren't coming out at once. Same as the geographic mix in awards, they aim to not have all one area in an announcement.
                  Brian P. Vickers
                  www.helpmewithgrants.com
                  www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

After 5 years of no awards, we recieved an email from AFG stating our grant was favorably reviewed, 10 (actually 14 I think) questions attached. I checked and sure enough the 1199 was there. I know alot of people do not like the SAFER program but I think our department is in a great position for this grant!

Comment

• Client just got the 14 q's for a $1.3 million SAFER at 3:15PM. Woo, hoo!
                      Kurt Bradley

Comment

• congressional call

Just got the word that East St. Louis Illinois is getting their 22 FFs back on friday.

Comment

• for two years until this funding runs out, Then what?
                          Safer is a short term band aid to proper funding mechanisms being put in place by the cities & towns.
                          Similar to what happened with the COPS program a few years back. Once the funding went away so did the positions.

Comment

• R&R 1199As are dropping...
                            Brian P. Vickers
                            www.helpmewithgrants.com
                            www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

• Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
                              for two years until this funding runs out, Then what?
                              Safer is a short term band aid to proper funding mechanisms being put in place by the cities & towns.
                              Similar to what happened with the COPS program a few years back. Once the funding went away so did the positions.
                              old 5 year program = Hand up
                              new 2 year program = Hand out

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up on the R&R 1199As Brian, found 2 1199As for different departments I helped with.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X