2010 safer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onebugle View Post
    Looks like less than 1900 applications submitted for 2010 SAFER. Not good for a program that was doubled in $$$$$ from 2009.
    Was that total for R&R and hiring onebugle?
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
      Was that total for R&R and hiring onebugle?
      Unfortunately, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by onebugle View Post
        Unfortunately, yes.
        Well my confidence level in those I did submit just soared immensely.
        Kurt Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by chief14oc View Post
          The Peer Review for SAFER and the remaining AFG applications will be September 27-October 1

I was advised yesterday that one of the contractors was headed there the following week - and that it was for SAFER Peer Review. Perhaps they are running two weeks, so that they can clean up the rest of the AFG also?

Either way, my point was that they are moving along with great haste on these.

Comment

I hope so, my regional rep told me that my app is in that pile that needs to be read yet. I'll start crossing my fingers and my toes.

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
              I was advised yesterday that one of the contractors was headed there the following week - and that it was for SAFER Peer Review. Perhaps they are running two weeks, so that they can clean up the rest of the AFG also?

Either way, my point was that they are moving along with great haste on these.
              I am doing AFG and our itinerary is separate from the SAFER review folks.

Comment

Averages for 2009 SAFER R&R are around 443k per grant right now. Durn. Wow. Must be a lot of regionals.

700 apps all wanting 443K for this year makes my calculator go EEEEEEEEEEEE

Comment

~310,100,000 r&r

Comment

Anyone know when the grants will start being handed out?

Comment

Originally posted by rands1 View Post
                      I hope so, my regional rep told me that my app is in that pile that needs to be read yet. I'll start crossing my fingers and my toes.
                      Its my understanding that there are still a few vehicle apps in that pile for 2010 applications that were to be reviewed. They should be finiishing that 2010 AFG pile today.
                      Last edited by ktb9780; 09-30-2010, 07:52 AM.
                      Kurt Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by LeatherneckFF View Post
                        Anyone know when the grants will start being handed out?
                        It would really surprise me to see any SAFER awards handed out before Jan 2011, especially considering our Congressional reps just adjorned again without passing a budget and only a continuing resolution to keep Fed employees glued to their desks and not having a major sick-out. AFG awards I still predict will begin in late Oct sometime.

Kurt Bradley

Comment

Its my understanding that there are still a few vehicle apps in that pile for 2010 applications that were to be reviewed. They should be finiishing that 2010 AFG pile today.
                          There were Regionals and Vehicles in the mix. All the 2010 reviews are done now

Comment

I do know that there were at least a few vehicle apps in that bunch. I was told that is where my vehicle grant is. From what I was told some of the grants that were being reviewed were really good grants (like mine, ha ha) on lower priority projects and some were so so grants on good projects. Not sure were my source got that info.

Comment

Originally posted by Fortsutphen View Post
                              I do know that there were at least a few vehicle apps in that bunch. I was told that is where my vehicle grant is. From what I was told some of the grants that were being reviewed were really good grants (like mine, ha ha) on lower priority projects and some were so so grants on good projects. Not sure were my source got that info.
                              Remember the A,B and C pile theory? That is what is playing out right now.
                              Kurt Bradley

Comment

Big Bucks

Okay I know Kurt noticed but I am surprised there is no discussion about the 10 MILLION dollar SAFER to Fall River!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X