2010 AFG Cost Allowances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onebugle View Post
    Here's the latest update to the 2010 AFG Cost Allowances.
    As always, many thanks Onebugle for your hard work in keeping us better informed.
    Ed

Comment

• 2011 Allowances

Okay with the new emmissions requirements has anyone heard if they will be making allowances in the cost of new apparatus. I know 2010 the limit for a tanker was 220K. The same truck this year will cost significantly more. Do we see any increases for 2011?

Mark

Comment

• Probably not, we're not seeing many prices change from last year on the same spec trucks. Single axle basic tankers were more like $230k, tandems they went to $275k if you were 2500+ gallons on board. Hard to go less than that and still get a chassis that can handle the weight and a motor that will actually move the truck anywhere other than downhill...
        Brian P. Vickers
        CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
        FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
        www.helpmewithgrants.com
        www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

• Apparatus

Okay, I am not sure where I got the figure of 225K for a tanker/tender. But it looks like you are saying the limit last year for a 2500 gallon tanker on a 10 wheel chassis was $275?
          Mark

Comment

• 2500 might be less but that's what we hit for 3000 and 3500. both 2dr.
            Brian P. Vickers
            www.helpmewithgrants.com
            www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

• Bump

Bump to the top
              "There's no such thing as a bad day,
              Some are just better than others." JFR 1914-1997

Comment

• I am writing a grant for a Rescue pumper that I will replace two trucks, what is the cost allowance for this type of truck? I am being told that the cost of the truck will be in the range of $550,000. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmp2011 View Post
                  I am writing a grant for a Rescue pumper that I will replace two trucks, what is the cost allowance for this type of truck? I am being told that the cost of the truck will be in the range of $550,000. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                  you won't get that much federal funding. They have been paying in the area of 350k

Comment

• If it doesn't have a stick on top anything over $300k is suicide with an application unless you're running a 5 figure call volume and Urban. Have to remember they don't award custom chassis (unless it's an aerial) so you're asking for just a pumper that has a few rescue-related perks on it. Only way to get that much dough is if you're going to match half, that's what we did with one in 2010. Otherwise the rest are under $300k and they just add the cash later instead of admitting it's there. Normally if you have that much dough to put in that's a few years worth of loan payments in their eyes and it backfires.
                    Brian P. Vickers
                    www.helpmewithgrants.com
                    www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

• How are cost allowances determined?

I've been going through older posts, trying to wrap my head around cost allowances. I was going to PM a few you that have posted about the 2010 cost allowances, but figured it might be better starting a new thread for all to learn from. Any chance that someone could sum up cost allowance in a few sentences? Who sets these allowances? Where can one get them outside of this forum? Do people simply share on this forum what equipment they were awarded and their award amount?

Thanks for anything you'd be willing to share.

Comment

• You will find it post in here a few pages back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skojo View Post
                          I've been going through older posts, trying to wrap my head around cost allowances. I was going to PM a few you that have posted about the 2010 cost allowances, but figured it might be better starting a new thread for all to learn from. Any chance that someone could sum up cost allowance in a few sentences? Who sets these allowances? Where can one get them outside of this forum? Do people simply share on this forum what equipment they were awarded and their award amount?

Thanks for anything you'd be willing to share.
                          DHS has set $$$ limits that they will fund for AFG awards whether apparatus, SCBA, PPE etc. This list is not available to applicants. So through years of awards and forums members supplying info on their awards a cost allowance list has been able to be developed. This is a guideline for those applying for various projects to see where they stand cost wise.

So if you are applying for SCBA the max. has been $5,250 for a complete SCBA. You ask $6,000 per SCBA a couple of things can occur: you recieve a cost reduction to the $5,250 or DJ'ed because the CB is out of whack.

The list can be found on post 120.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X