1199A for AFG 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcmechenvfd View Post
    Found a reduction today for a hose grant for a neighboring department that I wrote for. It wasn't there last week when I last checked, so not sure how new it is. What are the odds of receiving an 1199A after a reduction? Never had this happen to me before, so thought I'd ask.
    Hard to really say, there were plenty of people who got reductions in 2009 and did not get awarded. I guess at least it means you made it past computer scoring and into peer review so there is still hope.
    Good Luck

Comment

Found a reduction today for a hose grant for a neighboring department that I wrote for. It wasn't there last week when I last checked, so not sure how new it is. What are the odds of receiving an 1199A after a reduction? Never had this happen to me before, so thought I'd ask.
      The way I look at it is that it's not quite time to start writing specs, but it's certainly prudent to start doing some research.

If I remember right, while there were those that got a reduction and no award, the majority if those that got a reduction did get awarded.

Comment

What was your request and what was the reduced amount?

Thanks,
        Wolf

Comment

Wolf....the only thing reduced on the request was a portable electronic monitor that was requested...looks like they set that amount to zero...must not be funding them for 2010? Everything else (supply and attack hose, nozzles, wyes, other attachments, etc) were all left alone...but I also used the previously approved amounts on them (that were posted here on the board). Made sure I didn't go over those amounts so that it had a good chance of funding. It's for a poor department that has 15-30+ year old hose and attachments...got them funded for bunker gear and air packs for 2009.
          John & Sheila
          McMechen Volunteer Fire Department
          "Always Ready Always Faithful"

www.mcmechenvfd.com
          [email protected]

Comment

Wolf....the only thing reduced on the request was a portable electronic monitor that was requested...looks like they set that amount to zero...must not be funding them for 2010? Everything else (supply and attack hose, nozzles, wyes, other attachments, etc) were all left alone...but I also used the previously approved amounts on them (that were posted here on the board). Made sure I didn't go over those amounts so that it had a good chance of funding. It's for a poor department that has 15-30+ year old hose and attachments...got them funded for bunker gear and air packs for 2009.

Can anyone else shed some light on the zeroed out? Same thing happened to me and I am curious if that means we have been denied or just toyed with?

Comment

It can mean that they are thinking about reducing the amount you asked for in your budget. Remember you are not funded unless you get a letter in hand saying so and likewise until you have a rejection notice (DJ) in hand you are still under consideration.
              Kurt Bradley
              Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
              " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

When did they start updating the 1199a's for 2010?
                Last edited by RWW126; 09-13-2010, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Few started posting last Friday. Got one of two, now just need to finish strong with the vehicle award thats a looooooong shot.

Comment

Just found our first FV 1199a for 2010...

Comment

Well it is that time of the year again where I sit and stare at my computer all day. Had a reduction show up last year and had my hopes up only to be dashed with a DJ. Let's see how we do this year.

Ryan
                      Manheim Fire

Comment

With the lack of post on this topic it makes me wonder if that was a trail run last week. Not a lot of folks talking about new numbers yet.

Comment

We got our 1199A last week on Friday. We had some reductions but are still in line for SCBA units, seat brackets, and a new compressor/cascade system with contained fill station.

Make sure on your 1199 that you fax it to the correct number. The number on the directions is incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by WJVaughn View Post
                            With the lack of post on this topic it makes me wonder if that was a trail run last week. Not a lot of folks talking about new numbers yet.
                            I'm pretty sure they are manually updated so it's just a matter of continuing to check for updates.

I found two the first day, one the next day, and one yesterday. They're still coming.

Comment

Has anyone had an 1199A update from a previous year grant or are all of the released 1199's for first time awards??

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonco500 View Post
                                Has anyone had an 1199A update from a previous year grant or are all of the released 1199's for first time awards??
                                The 2010 1199A's are for a mix of previous awards as well as new awards.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X