Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 AFG Technical Reviewer Phone Call...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 AFG Technical Reviewer Phone Call...

Am I the only person in the country to get a phone call regarding my 2010 AFG? They were simply asking about grant administrator costs...I haven't gotten an 1199a update or anything like that, but I did get a call! Things must be moving......maybe???
    Last edited by CaptainReb22; 08-03-2010, 09:36 PM.

I just found a reduction! I know reductions aren't sure things, but they got a phone call too. I think their chances are good....12 sets of gear, an SCBA, Cascade, Thermal, 6 handheld radios, and training......fingers crossed.....this thing is off to the races!
    Last edited by CaptainReb22; 08-03-2010, 09:24 PM.

Comment

No but it sure beats getting whacked with a golf club. Word is awards late August or early September so movement has to happen soon to make the pre-award stuff get out in time for that mark.
      Brian P. Vickers
      CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
      FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
      www.helpmewithgrants.com
      www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Yep - got a reduction on an SCBA app I did for a neighboring dept. Looks like the ball has started rolling. Let's hope it picks up some good momentum.

Comment

It's probably right on, because the plans have been to have Round 1 out by the end of August or first week of September. Would mean 1199's need to drop this week or next.

Most of mine are under the limits since I was trying to hammer on the C/B this year with the limited funding, but I'll have a look around.

Comment

Found 1. All my others except one appeared to be under the limit.

Comment

The few I could check; nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by SLY4420 View Post
                Found 1. All my others except one appeared to be under the limit.
                Mine are at or below limits. The reduction I got was for the amount of SCBAs. We'd asked for 10 and only have 1 left......that's rough....but they'll take it.

Comment

Saw a couple of reductions myself today in checking; all appeared to have been to pre-estbalished and knwon levels.
                  Kurt Bradley
                  Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                  " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Ok guys, I guess i'm not familiar with this. How do you know if they are reducing any of your requests? Will you get a message on the e-portal about it?

Comment

Originally posted by chackbayfire View Post
                      Ok guys, I guess i'm not familiar with this. How do you know if they are reducing any of your requests? Will you get a message on the e-portal about it?
                      no, the best way is to just keep checking the Request Details section

Comment

Originally posted by chackbayfire View Post
                        You will have to access your application. Check the budget section for any reduction. If not sure, check the narrative to see if the figures are the same or look at the hard copy of the application. If a reduction is made go to the request details and see which item(s) were reduced in price or quantity.

Comment

A word of Caution

I'm glad to see that there is movement.

However, please be reminded that a reduction does not necessarily translate into an award. There were plenty of reductions made in the 2009 AFG program that did not result in awards. Therefore, consider tempering your excitement and be mindful not to set unrealistic expectations with your officers/members/administrators. Nothing is final until you receive the official award notification.

-dave

Comment

So the administration reductions are appearing on the online applications like last year?

That is good news and I will be sooo happy to admit i was wrong about November.

Comment

Originally posted by jam24u View Post
                              So the administration reductions are appearing on the online applications like last year?

That is good news and I will be sooo happy to admit i was wrong about November.
                              Of course if like me you go and look and find nothing has changed you have to wonder, is that a good thing or a bad thing.
                              I'll worry next week. It is election day and I am wondering if I'll have a new boss in the morning.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X