Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mmcneill View Post
    Ed,

When he gets back on here ask him about only having 3 minutes to eat each meal.

When we ate lunch yesterday he said that was the first time he had the time to use a knife during a meal in 10 weeks.
    When I went through boot camp in FLW, having 3 minutes to eat a meal would have been a luxury.

The drill instructors would be yelling at us "inhale that food and get out of here".

We ate so fast, our forks and knives were giving off sparks from hitting each other.
    [sarcasm]

Comment

• 3 minutes depended on which end of the table you were on since stacking started when the 3rd table up from yours sat down. Other companies were getting 5-6 minutes but they had 150 or less, we were at 230, and every company only got 20 minutes to feed the whole gang. Didn't take me long to figure out how much I could shove down, and also learned real quick that lubrication is the key just like the competitive eating contests. Salad dressing on everything, reduced how many times I had to take a drink to get something down. Hence the reason the first meal I wanted when I got back was fajitas so I could take an hour to eat a meal.
      Brian P. Vickers
      CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
      FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
      www.helpmewithgrants.com
      www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

• I am curious as to how long it took you to catch catch up on your email and the firehouse message boards?

Comment

• Still working on it. Going faster than I thought it would but still not done, most of the emails were SAFER related and the Mrs handled those so I could delete that whole pile. Plus she kicked on my Outlook a few times and cleaned house. Haven't dug through the forums much since nothing has happened with 2010 yet, and with Halloween this weekend not going to happen until next week either. Plan on playing Dad most of my waking hours for at least another week to catch up with the kids, after all the little one started walking while I was gone so trying not to miss too much after just getting back.
          Brian P. Vickers
          CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
          FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
          www.helpmewithgrants.com
          www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

• Salute!

Thank you for this Brian.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250