Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
    Congratulations Brian:
    You don't look like Army food was too painful.
    Go and spend a week with the three most important reasons in your life:::: & then check back in here.

Ed
    Ed,

When he gets back on here ask him about only having 3 minutes to eat each meal.

When we ate lunch yesterday he said that was the first time he had the time to use a knife during a meal in 10 weeks.

Comment

Looks like the little one has had a day of it. Too much excitement.
      Congratulations Brian and thank you.
      dfd701

Comment

Congrats

To Brian and all those wheo the uinform - Many thanks!!

Comment

Can't say anything more than . . . . .Thank you

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts, prayers, and support everyone, Mike for swinging in and the others for wanting to get there. Folks were right on with the cough drops, and I went through a bit of PX-brand Icy-Hot but took no pain meds and never went to sick call once while keeping up with those kids. And I mean kids since I was 2nd oldest in the company, oldest in the platoon by 8 years, and graduated high school before 5 of the platoon were even born. Only the 1st SGT and 1 Drill Sergeant were older than me from that side so no shortage of people that thought I was crazy for being there since it wasn't for job or college money.

Much less of me now than there was when I left, so that was definitely worth it. Sucked being away from the family and being out of touch with the real world but worth it all around nonetheless. I originally had a target on me as the lone OCS-bound person there but once they realized I was there to serve and had no attitude about anything (unlike some younger folks that got more PT because of it) I gained a little street cred with the cadre so wasn't Full Metal Jacket for me after the first few days. Still a challenge but I'm enjoying having to buy some new clothes since the old stuff doesn't fit now.

Still can't believe no announcements and few 1199As, but gives me something to do now that I'm back.

Anywho, thanks again y'all. Back to the family for tonight, just got back this afternoon so still unwinding, and did it in a good way with fajitas and beer. If the wife wakes me up suddenly I probably will yell 'Yes Drill Sergeant!" for a few days thought....
            Brian P. Vickers
            CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
            FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
            www.helpmewithgrants.com
            www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er View Post
              Thanks for the thoughts, prayers, and support everyone, Mike for swinging in and the others for wanting to get there. Folks were right on with the cough drops, and I went through a bit of PX-brand Icy-Hot but took no pain meds and never went to sick call once while keeping up with those kids. And I mean kids since I was 2nd oldest in the company, oldest in the platoon by 8 years, and graduated high school before 5 of the platoon were even born. Only the 1st SGT and 1 Drill Sergeant were older than me from that side so no shortage of people that thought I was crazy for being there since it wasn't for job or college money.

Much less of me now than there was when I left, so that was definitely worth it. Sucked being away from the family and being out of touch with the real world but worth it all around nonetheless. I originally had a target on me as the lone OCS-bound person there but once they realized I was there to serve and had no attitude about anything (unlike some younger folks that got more PT because of it) I gained a little street cred with the cadre so wasn't Full Metal Jacket for me after the first few days. Still a challenge but I'm enjoying having to buy some new clothes since the old stuff doesn't fit now.

Still can't believe no announcements and few 1199As, but gives me something to do now that I'm back.

Anywho, thanks again y'all. Back to the family for tonight, just got back this afternoon so still unwinding, and did it in a good way with fajitas and beer. If the wife wakes me up suddenly I probably will yell 'Yes Drill Sergeant!" for a few days thought....
              Once again...WELCOME BACK Bubba

Comment

Maybe your return will signify to the AFG God's that they need to restart the 1199a upadtes and 10 questions
                Kurt Bradley
                Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Congrats Brian! Good to have you back!

Comment

Congrats Brian on making it through the 1st part of new journey. Welcome to a new family of military brothers & sisters. Unfortunately, your unit will start to grow on you and after awhile you will even look forward to seeing them once a month and at the same time, be glad to get rid of them after a 2 week annual training. lol Glad to have you back on the forum.
                    Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by BC79er View Post
                      Brian,

Could you call AFG office and let them know you are back and ready for awards to be released? Maybe they have been holding them until you were able to share in the success of all those who you have helped!!!

Congrats and welcome home again.

Comment

• Thanks, and I wish I had that much clout.
                        Brian P. Vickers
                        www.helpmewithgrants.com
                        www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

• Congrats Brian!! So when do you start knife and fork school?
                          My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
                          "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                          George Mason
                          Co-author of the Second Amendment
                          during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
                          Elevator Rescue Information

Comment

• Way to go Brian!

Comment

• Guard runs an 8 week accelerated OCS in March and June so based on AFG time crunch I'll be looking at June. Near as I can tell until then I think I spend 1 weekend a month shadowing a current CO or XO. Probably involves a lot of coffee and copy making, and the DS's told me Basic will be the most demanding thing I do my whole time in. Of course I was wholly impressed up there, our CO and XO make every ruck march with us, and on the 16k the Battalion CO and NCOIC (COL and CSM) both came out for the whole march. Definitely wasn't a shortage of lead by example there, if I can become half the officer the cadre was I'll be in great shape.
                              Brian P. Vickers
                              www.helpmewithgrants.com
                              www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

• Congrats on the accomplishment, and thanks for your service to our country, God knows we need a few good leaders...

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X