No announcement yet.

More military advice for Brian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys, SGT picking me up tomorrow night for the hotel so definitely nerves, more about leaving the family behind without me to do things around here than dealing with 9 weeks of boot. Leaving the company in great hands to handle apps for us, but still nervous about how the 4 y/o will deal with daddy gone for that long. More worried about what it will cost me from the Mrs to make up for it....

Definitely going to try and remember everything humorous, Reader's Digest pays a few bucks for submissions.
    Brian P. Vickers
    CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
    FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
    www.helpmewithgrants.com
    www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er View Post
      Thanks guys, SGT picking me up tomorrow night for the hotel so definitely nerves, more about leaving the family behind without me to do things around here than dealing with 9 weeks of boot. Leaving the company in great hands to handle apps for us, but still nervous about how the 4 y/o will deal with daddy gone for that long. More worried about what it will cost me from the Mrs to make up for it....

Definitely going to try and remember everything humorous, Reader's Digest pays a few bucks for submissions.
      Always tough to leave the family behind, but knowing you the wife and kids have a great support system behind them to get through this until you get back. As for making it up to Andrea....that will be a lifetime commitment. Good luck.

Comment

Yeah it's kind of like the national debt. I owe her a lot for bringing 2 healthy babies into this world so adding something else I owe her for it is like tossing another billion on the trillion $ debt: ain't much of an addition at that number of 0's.
        Brian P. Vickers
        www.helpmewithgrants.com
        www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Best wishes Brian::::: We will hold down the fort here in your absence.

REMEMBER one thing, you're not 25 anymore. Use your brain in outsmarting the young-uns.

Ed

Comment

Good luck Brian, take care of yourself, the next week is supposed to be HOT and HUMID, I lived in Houston back in the day, it's as hot here as it gets down there, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

Comment

Brian, as others have said, don't stand out.

Everyone else, what say I take this cutter we got off an FP&S grant, cut
              out some big letters, post them to the banners that Coke provides us, saying
              something like ...

GOOD LUCK BRIAN

or

YOU ARE RIGHT BRIAN VICKERS - DRILL SGTS ARE WOOSES

and I can run up in the morning and get one of the local businesses
              to put them out in front of their business on the way into the main
              gate at FLW?

Don't want him to stand out or anything....

(Just kidding Brian!)

Comment

Yeah, I can see that going over REAL well at Reception... I did check out the base web site and watch a couple of videos, apparently the Drill Sargeant of the Year is at FLW. Lucky me, the guy that outmotivates and outshouts every other DS in the Army. But that would be the younger minded me saying that, the older me says might as well learn from the best. Especially since I have to stand out, everyone I've talked to agrees that unless someone else is older they're going to look at the E4s for all aspects of leadership within the platoon so hard to hide standing up front by yourself. Just have to hope I can keep breathing long enough to outsmart the youngin's. That pugil stick tourney they run now might be a bit much for the older me...but I'll still show some of those punks how the older crowd still gets it done.
                Brian P. Vickers
                www.helpmewithgrants.com
                www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Yeah, I can see that going over REAL well at Reception... I did check out the base web site and watch a couple of videos, apparently the Drill Sargeant of the Year is at FLW. Lucky me, the guy that outmotivates and outshouts every other DS in the Army. But that would be the younger minded me saying that, the older me says might as well learn from the best. Especially since I have to stand out, everyone I've talked to agrees that unless someone else is older they're going to look at the E4s for all aspects of leadership within the platoon so hard to hide standing up front by yourself. Just have to hope I can keep breathing long enough to outsmart the youngin's. That pugil stick tourney they run now might be a bit much for the older me...but I'll still show some of those punks how the older crowd still gets it done.
                  Just imagine every opponent as being the "hold out vote" that casued one of your grants to get rejected.LOL! No offense reviewers; tongue in cheek here.As we say to others Brian, also remember to "be safe".
                  Kurt Bradley
                  Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                  " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Well at the hotel and nothing like a 0330 wakeup call to start the fun. Thanks for the advice everyone, and I'll catch y'all on the other side. Make sure to tell DHS to save a few 1199As for me to find in November. Congrats to all and good luck. Be safe on the scene most importantly.
                    Brian P. Vickers
                    www.helpmewithgrants.com
                    www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

Does the Army play "Pick em up, Put em down" like the Air Force does when you first get there?

Comment

only packed the minimum so won't be bad if they do. i'm group leader so i'm carrying the ream of paper for our orders. sitting @ airport waiting to go to dallas then hop to st louis. bus from there to FLW, something tells me no sleep with a 3 hour bus ride and 1900hrs landing. details...
                        Brian P. Vickers
                        www.helpmewithgrants.com
                        www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Comment

only packed the minimum so won't be bad if they do. i'm group leader so i'm carrying the ream of paper for our orders. sitting @ airport waiting to go to dallas then hop to st louis. bus from there to FLW, something tells me no sleep with a 3 hour bus ride and 1900hrs landing. details...
                          keep us posted Brian. we are proud. Kurt must be busting with pride too.

Comment

Boy does that sound fmailiar Brian. I see you are not having a hard time converting to Zulu military time already also. Hang in there dude.
                            Kurt Bradley
                            Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
                            " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
                              Does the Army play "Pick em up, Put em down" like the Air Force does when you first get there?
                              Play it? They invented it! I remember thinking when we arrived in basic, about 3 days and I'll be home. Holding that freaking duffel and trying to get a company to drop them as one? Never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by quint1officer View Post
                                Play it? They invented it! I remember thinking when we arrived in basic, about 3 days and I'll be home. Holding that freaking duffel and trying to get a company to drop them as one? Never happen.

Should be about to start right now then!!!

Pick em up.

Put em down.

Pick em up.

Put em down.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader