X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dfd701
    replied
    Originally posted by jam24u View Post
    Yes med congrats. It is a good looking ride and you should be very proud.

NOW, as with new vessels, you and Dr. Sly should give it the personal & private commissioning' that all new vehicles/vessels should have. Anchor it in some private water, I mean park it some private area and give it a proper blessing. LOL
    Jim is that kind of like the mile high club?

Leave a comment:

• jam24u
    replied
    Yes med congrats. It is a good looking ride and you should be very proud.

NOW, as with new vessels, you and Dr. Sly should give it the personal & private commissioning' that all new vehicles/vessels should have. Anchor it in some private water, I mean park it some private area and give it a proper blessing. LOL

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied
    Well done medstudent, success is sweet isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• onebugle
    replied
    Good looking ride. Job well done medstudent.

Leave a comment:

• BSFD9302
    replied
    Good loookin' ride Medstudent. Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• islandfire03
    replied
    Originally posted by dfd701 View Post
    Hey Ed. Hope you and the better half are doing good up there. I would say send us some of that cool air from up there but last week you all was hotter than us. The weather sure has been strange lately. The heat index in central Alabama today was 110. In about three minutes in the turnout gear you feel like a turkey in the oven at Thanksgiving.
    Stay safe.
    It's been a lot warmer than normal for us, even here on the coast . We've hit 90 + several times already, which is very rare for the islands surrounded by the nice cool ocean. Thank goodness for the afternoon sea breezes which kick in with the tide change. Temps dropped 25 degrees in an hour one day from 90 to 65.
    It's 64 and cloudy this morning.

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    Blue and White - SHARP!

Leave a comment:

• dfd701
    replied
    Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
    Very Nice looking ambulance Med: Hope your service has many safe miles in it.
    Congrats again on your first attempt at grant writing. Your dept should be proud of you.
    Hey Ed. Hope you and the better half are doing good up there. I would say send us some of that cool air from up there but last week you all was hotter than us. The weather sure has been strange lately. The heat index in central Alabama today was 110. In about three minutes in the turnout gear you feel like a turkey in the oven at Thanksgiving.
    Stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• dfd701
    replied
    Originally posted by medstudent13 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the advice. Here is a pic. I took it out on its first ambulance run yesterday. It's a lot nicer than our old ambulance and definitely a lot safer.
    Congratulations!!! Sharp ride Medstudent. Bet you can’t wait to try it out in the snow.
    Stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• islandfire03
    replied
    Very Nice looking ambulance Med: Hope your service has many safe miles in it.
    Congrats again on your first attempt at grant writing. Your dept should be proud of you.

Leave a comment:

• medstudent13
    replied
    Thanks everyone for the advice. Here is a pic. I took it out on its first ambulance run yesterday. It's a lot nicer than our old ambulance and definitely a lot safer.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jam24u
    replied
    Originally posted by rjcont View Post
    medstudent,

congrats on your award and quick delivery. Pictures??
    Yes Congratulations med. Ditto on the pictures too.

Leave a comment:

• rjcont
    replied
    medstudent,

congrats on your award and quick delivery. Pictures??

Leave a comment:

• zzyyzx
    replied
    I would make sure you have a couple people go through the orientation with you. If you have one, the senior engineer or senior medic on each shift. That way you've got extra eyes and ears to remember everything and training everyone else.

Leave a comment:

• islandfire03
    replied
    Originally posted by medstudent13 View Post
    Hi all,

Today is the big day. Our ambulance is being delivered. I'm looking for some advice as far as what we should do before we pay him. All the money from AFG is in our account.

Definitely, I am going to drive it around up hills with about 5 heavy guys in the back to make sure it doesn't overheat. It was converted to 4x4, which added a lot of extra weight.

I'm also going to check compliance with our specs.

Anything else that we should do?

Pics to come later.
    Congrats Med: As everyone has said check the truck , top to bottom, front to back , inside & out and make sure everything works and is as specified in your RFP.
    I wouldn't worry as much about the 4 wheel drive system conversion as it is covered under the factory warrantee through Quigley and Ford. They are an authorized QVM up-fitter. Everything that is delivered is covered under warrantee through either the chassis or box manufacturer.

Have a thorough look at everything and then get out your dancing shoes and do the happy dance!

PS. Remember a 4 wheel drive type III will handle different than what you are used to. Spend some time getting all your drivers comfortable with it.
    Last edited by islandfire03; 07-12-2010, 09:36 PM. Reason: added additional sentence

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X