Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huntsville, AL fire truck involved in four vehicle wreck a few minutes ago

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Huntsville, AL fire truck involved in four vehicle wreck a few minutes ago

    Huntsville, AL (WAFF) - A four-vehicle wreck at the intersection University Drive and Jordan Lane tied up traffic Friday morning.

    A Huntsville fire truck was involved in the accident. It also involved an 18-wheeler, an SUV and a pickup truck.

    Mike Sublett with Huntsville Fire said no firefighters were injured. There is no word on injuries in the other vehicles.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    More info from the WHNT website -
    Pictures: Two Wrecks on University Drive, Connected There were two separate wrecks on University Drive on Friday morning. Both are connected. The first was at Pulaski Pike and University, and happened after 9 a.m. Three vehicles were involved. Two were westbound on University, a minivan and a P.T. Cruiser. Witnesses say a car ran a red light, hitting both vehicles. A woman was thrown from the back of the minivan, but should be okay. The second wreck happened at Jordan Lane and University Drive. A Huntsville fire truck was responding to the first wreck, and collided with an SUV whose driver apparently didn't see the fire truck coming. When the fire truck and SUV collided, the SUV spun around and his two other vehicles at the intersection, including an 18-wheeler. One woman was thrown from the SUV and was taken to Huntsville Hospital. Mike Sublett, with the Huntsville Fire Department, says other people in the SUV were also injured.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks Lisa, Here are some additional photos. Looks like it was a mess! I'm glad there were no fatalities...
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        Now I am nervous - I am about to head through that exact intersection with a new tanker wednesday!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
          Now I am nervous - I am about to head through that exact intersection with a new tanker wednesday!
          Gosh, you Better be careful!

          Comment


          • #6
            I may just do my visiting another time and shoot straight through town. Or not. Lots of HAM and ES people to visit there, I love visiting.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
              I may just do my visiting another time and shoot straight through town. Or not. Lots of HAM and ES people to visit there, I love visiting.
              Glad i wasn't enjoying my cup of coffee pre/post shift or you might just owe me a new HP Come on down... stay for a while, LVFD301

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
                Now I am nervous - I am about to head through that exact intersection with a new tanker wednesday!


                Don't be running code as this truck was doing and get smacked by a mini van who driver was probably on the cell phone, being distracted by the passenger or just wasn't paying attention to the surroundings.
                Stay Safe and Well Out There....

                Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
                  Don't be running code as this truck was doing and get smacked by a mini van who driver was probably on the cell phone, being distracted by the passenger or just wasn't paying attention to the surroundings.
                  The code I can prevent. The rest is just the fun of driving!.....

                  Of course, people will be so amazed at how pretty my white over blue truck looks...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by KJ4XXX View Post
                    Glad i wasn't enjoying my cup of coffee pre/post shift or you might just owe me a new HP Come on down... stay for a while, LVFD301
                    I would just about guarantee we know some of the same people if you work in Huntsville. In fact... Do you work on an air ambulance?

                    If you work for the one pictured, LOL I could tell you stories.... I grew up (if you can call it that) just up the road in Columbia/Pulaski/Lewsiburg TN
                    Last edited by LVFD301; 04-26-2011, 09:19 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
                      I would just about guarantee we know some of the same people if you work in Huntsville. In fact... Do you work on an air ambulance?

                      If you work for the one pictured, LOL I could tell you stories.... I grew up (if you can call it that) just up the road in Columbia/Pulaski/Lewsiburg TN
                      Sorry i took forever to reply. Nope, I don't work for them or on any air ambulance. My Dad took that picture when i was LZ command for medflight. I do volunteer for our local fire department/rescue squad. We probably know some mutual people... it's a small world after all lol. message me

                      Comment

                      300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                      Collapse

                      Upper 300x250

                      Collapse

                      Taboola

                      Collapse

                      Leader

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X