Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Task Force 83?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Task Force 83?

Just wondering if anyone else from task force 83 is back yet, Im home for a visit with my family and headed back down tomorrow.
    Doug Velting Jr
    President Cassville Volunteer Fire Co
    [email protected]
    www.cassvillefire.org
    Fire Exec .com

TF 83 here. I got back home on Oct. 5th. How are things?

Comment

Task Force 83

FYI............... Task Force 83 is no more. It was disbanded this weekend. Some of the members went home while others were transfered to Logistics. There has been no new assignmenets to Housing as yet. Happy Holidays to all.

Da Chief

Jim O'Neill, Chief
      Suwannee County Fire Dist.
      Live Oak, FL 32060
      Jim O'Neill, Chief
      Suwannee County Fire Dist's.
      19359 76th Street
      Live Oak, FL 32060

Comment

Looks like we're all being "disbanded" in the next 2 weeks or so. My 120 is up first week of january, so im going to come home a week early to be home for Christmas. See ya'll on the 23rd sometime.
        Doug Velting Jr
        [email protected]
        www.cassvillefire.org
        Fire Exec .com

Comment

Looks like quite a few of us were extended, at least until april it seems. Im working in the Planning section now in the baton rouge JFO. See ya all when i get home.
          Doug Velting Jr
          [email protected]
          www.cassvillefire.org
          Fire Exec .com

Comment

Hey hows everyone doing? I am one of original TF 83 members. Is there anyway to get back down there with FEMA?

Comment

What was TF 83

Hey i was wondering what TF 83 was , I was down with FEMA but i got stuck in a DRC in St James Parish so i was wondering if i could get some more info about TF83 . thank you.

Comment

Task Force 83 was a group of Community Relations/ Firefighters from all over the U.S. The initial TF was made up of appox. 120 people, we grew to just under 300 and then started to decline at a pretty rapid pace. We were deployed to Orleans Parish. You name it we did it for the most part. Community Relations, DRC, Sand Bags, Firefighting (until the bigwigs caught on), Building Inspections and damage assesment, Red Cross and Privatly sponsered food/cleaning supply banks, my group even did some evacuations. This was a great bunch of people to work with everyone seemed to be there for the same reasons and we all got along. The following Companies were part of TF 83:
                Penndel Fire, PA Cologne, NJ Highland Village, TX East Carnegie, ScottWinter, Walled Lake, Jefferson, Potter, Whiteford, Towns Co. Madisonville, Englewood, Ponder, Fairfield, Center, Holley, Goochland, Baxton, Snyder, Shiocton-Bovina, Conneaut, St. Bernard, Dalhi, Columbus, Golden Valley, Guil-Rand, Bonners Ferry, Upton, Maple Hill, Grand Marais, Durant, Holliston, Mesa, Long Beach, West Barnstable, Piperton, Willard, and Alvaton.
                We were both Vollies and Paid.

Comment

Willard,

Was that Willard missouri?

Comment

I believe it was Willard, MO.

Comment

I am going down to New Orleans this summer and was curious about any way to ride down there as EMT-B. Please let me know who to contact! I already have family to stay with in covington/mandeville

Comment

Ya forgot Cassville Fire, from Jackson NJ, unless you were just referring to the original members before us guys from TF 90 joined 83. By the way, im finally home for good.
                        Doug Velting Jr
                        [email protected].com
                        www.cassvillefire.org
                        Fire Exec .com

Comment

Task Force NOLA

Hello All,

Great to hear from you guys. I was not one of the "original" members of TF83 but because of circumstances beyond my, or anyone elses control, ended up in TF83 when I got to NOLA. When I left Atlanta I was the TF Commander of TF93 which, as most of us did, I believe, ended up in Baton Rouge before coming to New Orleans. We were originally slated to assume duties in one area of NO while the other TF's, such as 83, performed in other sections of the city. Rita changed a lot of that.

Once Rita came through and caused damage in other areas of LA and TX I ended up deploying part of TF93 to Shrevesport, another part to Eastern TX and some went to work in the JFO. The remainder of my people were deployed to New Orleans and became part of TF83. Myself, my son Jimbo and the rest of my team(s) worked whenever and wherever we were needed. I think the best times were at Mardi Gras World though. We spent over 6 weeks working there with Lily. Presently I am working Housing in Plaquemines Parish with some former members of TF83. We have George Smith and Kim Canarecci from Golden, CO, Tony Brooks from Edinboro, PA, Tim Wallace from VT, Kyle Olson from WA, Rick Cannatelli from NY and Chuck Mayer, a DAE who just started with us. My son Jimbo went home just before Xmas as did Jim Clarke and Terry Gammel just left to back to Boise, Idaho about 2 weeks ago.

NOW........... Since so many people here belonged to different Tf's before coming here to New Orleans and not wanting to slight anyone I started an e-mail group and titled it Task Force NOLA. That way anyone involved with our groups, Red Cross workers, National Guardsmen, etc. could keep in contact with each other. You an visit the group by going to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/taskforcenola/ or you can visit www.yahoogroups.com and do a search for "taskforcenola" (one word). You can also join by sending a blank e-mail to [email protected]oups.com

If you know of others who have served here in NOLA and have gone home please pass this info on to them. There WILL be planning on a reunion for all of the crews sometime in the future. Stay safe out there Brothers and Sisters. Yours..................

Da Chief
                          Jim O'Neill, Chief
                          Suwannee County Fire Dist's.
                          19359 76th Street
                          Live Oak, FL 32060

Comment

Originally posted by JIONEILL
                            Hello All,

Great to hear from you guys. I was not one of the "original" members of TF83 but because of circumstances beyond my, or anyone elses control, ended up in TF83 when I got to NOLA. When I left Atlanta I was the TF Commander of TF93 which, as most of us did, I believe, ended up in Baton Rouge before coming to New Orleans. We were originally slated to assume duties in one area of NO while the other TF's, such as 83, performed in other sections of the city. Rita changed a lot of that.

Once Rita came through and caused damage in other areas of LA and TX I ended up deploying part of TF93 to Shrevesport, another part to Eastern TX and some went to work in the JFO. The remainder of my people were deployed to New Orleans and became part of TF83. Myself, my son Jimbo and the rest of my team(s) worked whenever and wherever we were needed. I think the best times were at Mardi Gras World though. We spent over 6 weeks working there with Lily. Presently I am working Housing in Plaquemines Parish with some former members of TF83. We have George Smith and Kim Canarecci from Golden, CO, Tony Brooks from Edinboro, PA, Tim Wallace from VT, Kyle Olson from WA, Rick Cannatelli from NY and Chuck Mayer, a DAE who just started with us. My son Jimbo went home just before Xmas as did Jim Clarke and Terry Gammel just left to back to Boise, Idaho about 2 weeks ago.

NOW........... Since so many people here belonged to different Tf's before coming here to New Orleans and not wanting to slight anyone I started an e-mail group and titled it Task Force NOLA. That way anyone involved with our groups, Red Cross workers, National Guardsmen, etc. could keep in contact with each other. You an visit the group by going to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/taskforcenola/ or you can visit www.yahoogroups.com and do a search for "taskforcenola" (one word). You can also join by sending a blank e-mail to [email protected]

If you know of others who have served here in NOLA and have gone home please pass this info on to them. There WILL be planning on a reunion for all of the crews sometime in the future. Stay safe out there Brothers and Sisters. Yours..................

Da Chief
                            What's your name if you don't mind me asking? My name is Jack Rhem, and I also was part of TF 83 and spent a good month or so working with Lily at Mardi Gras World with the California and Colorado National Guard. I mostly worked "the line" and back in the supply tent restocking items. Anyway, take care.

Comment

I was one of the original groups in TF83. I came home after one month for another job opportunity. it was great working with you guys. Hope you all had a good time, it sure was a neat experience to see firefighters from all over the country in one city helping people. FYI- Willard is in Utah. I only know that because they were one of the teams that I stayed with the entire time.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X