Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to log in using firefox

Hey webteam,
    I had a hard drive drive, and finally got a new HD and reloaded all my software. Now it seems like I can't log in using microsoft firefox. I am using the proper username and pasword (as shown by my ability to log in using IE with no problems), but firefox isn't working.

when I do log in, i keep getting the error message that I have used 0 out of 5 total. I have logged in about 8 times, and keep getting the same error. 0 out of 5. any ideas?

I have tried enabling cookies and clearing the cache, with no effect.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Originally posted by DrParasite
    Hey webteam,
    I had a hard drive drive, and finally got a new HD and reloaded all my software. Now it seems like I can't log in using microsoft firefox. I am using the proper username and pasword (as shown by my ability to log in using IE with no problems), but firefox isn't working.

when I do log in, i keep getting the error message that I have used 0 out of 5 total. I have logged in about 8 times, and keep getting the same error. 0 out of 5. any ideas?

I have tried enabling cookies and clearing the cache, with no effect.
    I am having this issue with IE on different computers. I tried resetting the password on my old user name SSTONER, however, the new numeric passwords wont work either.

Anyone know why?

Comment

Microsoft Firefox?????

You have both the Microsoft people and the Open Source Community with a look of "horror" on their faces.

Those two words probably never been uttered like that. These two companies are extreme competitors in the browser "wars"

It has me ROTFLMAO.

That being said I use Mozilla/Firefox on a daily basis and have absolutely no trouble.

Comment

Yep, has to be your settings, I only use Firefox, mine wasn't made by Microsoft though

Comment

Originally posted by ntmd8r38
          Yep, has to be your settings, I only use Firefox, mine wasn't made by Microsoft though
          Well it cant be the settings in IE - it happens on several computers that use to log in to this site ok previously. And I can log in with this new username now but the old is screwed up....

I cant log in via my Sidekick either which I could previously - and that browser is made by DANGER.

I can wait a few months before WebTeam comes by I guess....

Comment

geez, guys, it was a typo.

and for the record, clearing the cache didn't help solve the problem. only by manually deleting the cache folder's contents was i able to finally log on.

and it's Mozilla firefox, not microsoft.

sheesh, I just suffered a traumatic eveny (the HD crashing with no backups) cut me a little slack, ok?
            If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Comment

We're upgrading the forums and login system shortly. This should resolve any remaining issues.

WebTeam

Comment

Where have we heard this before?
                Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Originally posted by nmfire View Post
                  Where have we heard this before?
                  Well, it worked for my issue - so it wasnt an issue with my PC. (Stonerems)
                  Warm Regards,
                  Shawn Stoner
                  EMT-B

Comment

Based on people's comments this past week about ongoing problems creating threads, plus the fact that the email notifications haven't worked since the upgrade, I would venture a guess that it wasn't completely successful.

I had to start using Firefox a few days ago in order to access a different site and haven't had any problems logging in.
                    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Originally posted by webteam View Post
                      We're upgrading the forums and login system shortly. This should resolve any remaining issues.

WebTeam
                      Did you deactivate the ability to edit posts? I have found that I cannot edit any of my prior posts. Is this an oversight or a change in policy?
                      My comments are sometimes educated, sometimes informed and sometimes just blowing smoke...but they are always mine and mine alone and do not reflect upon anyone else (especially my employer).

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X