No announcement yet.

Posting on the Main Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since the ole WT isn't answering any PM's or email or questions, I will post their most-likely response.........

[b]Folks

We're about to upgrade the entire registration system in the coming weeks...this will resolve all of these issues. This will upgrade us to the most current version of VBulletin and add alot more reg options, including tying your Firehouse Magazine subscription to your account and more.

WebTeam[b]

Notice they didn't narrow doen the time other than "in the coming weeks"......... The third week of December 2007 is coming...........
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Comment

Oh.......... and the WT posted that response on 10-08-2006......... Nothing since then........
      The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
      IACOJ

Comment

Lingering Issues

Originally posted by webteam
        ......We are upgrading the forums in early September, which may help resolve any lingering issues,........
        So, how did the 'early' September Upgrade go?

Comment

Add me to the list

I'm right in there with NJ.

Blank screen followed by the 'duplicate thread' message if I attempt to repost.

Different machines, different browsers, nothing works.

The problem's clearly on the server side.

Comment

Posting to WOF is also broken.

When trying to post the WOF Report I get stuck on the following webpage and it just sits there:

http://forums.firehouse.com/newthread.php

As a result no new WOF Report is posted.

-Paul

Comment

????

Is this today or yesterday or tomorrow and exactly what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by lvwrench
                Is this today or yesterday or tomorrow and exactly what time is it?
                Who fkng knows.

Would everyone please contact the webteam by PM or email ... they won't know there's a problem if all we do is bitch and complain in the forums without trying to contact them directly. According to the thread I started this morning, only 2 people have actually told the WT that the site is f'd up, Ed and me.
                September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary
                  Who fkng knows.

Would everyone please contact the webteam by PM or email ... they won't know there's a problem if all we do is bitch and complain in the forums without trying to contact them directly. According to the thread I started this morning, only 2 people have actually told the WT that the site is f'd up, Ed and me.
                  I done did it too........ PM and Email.........
                  IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary
                    Who fkng knows.

I hate to sound cynical Sheri, but what's the point? They're only going to swoop in and make their usual "We're upgrading the software in the coming weeks, which will fix everything" posts like they've been doing for years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chauffer6
                      I hate to sound cynical Sheri, but what's the point? They're only going to swoop in and make their usual "We're upgrading the software in the coming weeks, which will fix everything" posts like they've been doing for years now.
                      I hear ya

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                      Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

This thread....as it appears in the category column

This category is titled:

Firehouse.Com Site Comments
                        Comments, Complaints and Suggestions

Now...why would the administration create a category, specifically designed for comments, complaints and suggestions....and then totally ignore the contents of said thread?

Seems to me...it was created..so we could have someplace..in fact, THIS place...to alert them to problems with these forums, this website.
                        Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
                        Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
                        On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

Originally posted by NJFFSA16
                          This category is titled:

Firehouse.Com Site Comments
                          Comments, Complaints and Suggestions

Now...why would the administration create a category, specifically designed for comments, complaints and suggestions....and then totally ignore the contents of said thread?

Seems to me...it was created..so we could have someplace..in fact, THIS place...to alert them to problems with these forums, this website.

Good point.

Sheri
                          Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

So why don't they LOOK AT IT??? Why do they not READ IT?

Yikes.....where's Mighty Mouse when I need him.
                            Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
                            Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
                            On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

Attempting to fix the problem

Hi all,
                              It indeed seems the problem is server-side. We are attempting to resolve this today.

As far as posting problems, this is because our forum platform is in need of a major upgrade (as it seems you have been promised for some time!) I am new to the team, but I will push to get this done as soon as possible. Updates on that issue will follow.

Many apologies for the lack of response. We have been short staffed for the last few months and I'm attempting to fix the backlog of problems. Thanks in advance for your patience.

We are also addressing the way we handle emails to the Webteam. I hope to get this organized in the next two weeks so that any and all inquiries receive a quick reply.

Thanks,
                              Sarah
                              Firehouse.com

Comment

Originally posted by webteam
                                Hi all,
                                It indeed seems the problem is server-side. We are attempting to resolve this today.

As far as posting problems, this is because our forum platform is in need of a major upgrade (as it seems you have been promised for some time!) I am new to the team, but I will push to get this done as soon as possible. Updates on that issue will follow.

Many apologies for the lack of response. We have been short staffed for the last few months and I'm attempting to fix the backlog of problems. Thanks in advance for your patience.

We are also addressing the way we handle emails to the Webteam. I hope to get this organized in the next two weeks so that any and all inquiries receive a quick reply.

Thanks,
                                Sarah
                                Firehouse.com
                                Thanks for the response and the update on the situation.......
                                IACOJ

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X