Posting on the Main Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birken

PLease PM us your password....nd whst specific forums you are having this problem in.

Thanks

Comment

Still broken....

Birken

Comment

WT: I've PM'ed a couple of times, but don't know if they're making it through. I'm still not able to post either.
        ullrichk
        a.k.a.
        perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Comment

I've been trying to start a new AMBER ALERT thread in the Missing Kids Forum, but it isn't working

Tried twice.
          September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
          IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
          Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

I tried quite a few times, and also tried posting it in the Firefighters Forum but that didn't work either. Sometimes I got Page cannot be displayed, sometimes a blank white page (most often) and once "duplicate thread blah blah blah".

WT will you please post it for me?

AMBER ALERT: One-year old female abducted! Safety believed to be in jeopardy!

AMBER ALERT: Maria Martin

One-year old female abducted from Delta, British Columbia. Her safety is believed to be in jeopardy!

Suspect is 27 yr old white male
            Height: 6'2"
            Weight: 161 pounds
            Vehicle: green, four-door 1998 Chevy Malibu
            BC Licence Plate: 317 GTK

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
            Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Webteam, I just sent you a PM.

Can you please add this update, if you DO post the thread for me as I requested??!!!

THANKS!!!

Police issue Amber Alert for missing girl in B.C.
              Updated Fri. Sep. 29 2006 8:08 AM ET

Canadian Press

DELTA, B.C. -- Police are on the hunt for a missing one-year-old girl who was abducted by her father, an alleged drug addict who may be headed to Alberta.

He is 27-year-old John William Martin, a white man who stands six feet, two inches tall and weighs 161 pounds.

Martin has blond hair and blue eyes and a freckled complexion.

Acting Sgt. Wave Steinwand of the Delta police department said the safety of little Maria Martin is the primary concern.

"Because of his addiction he can be unpredictable and we just don't know what might happen as he starts to think about this more and starts to panic,'' Steinwand said.

Martin was last seen driving a green, four-door 1998 Chevy Malibu, B.C. licence plate 317 GTK.

Anyone with information is asked to call 911 immediately.

Steinwand said Martin was babysitting his daughter while her mother, Lisa Card, was at work.

The couple live together but don't have a relationship, he said.

According to neighbours, Martin, and an acquaintance, believed to be an unrelated woman named Sarah Martin, took off with Maria at about 2:30 p.m. PT, Steinwand said.

They may be headed to the Sylvan Lake, Alta., area near Red Deer, where Martin has close family, he said.

"It seems at this point she's possibly not even aware that there is an abduction,'' Steinwand said of the woman accompanying Martin.

"All she's doing is she's going along for the ride to get back to Alberta.''

Martin also has relatives in Langley, B.C., and the Okanagan city of Kamloops.

Before leaving with his daughter, Martin returned a recently bought TV set to a store to get money, Steinwand said of the man who is known to police.

"He is a drug addict and doesn't come from a very wealthy background so he obviously will need money to travel any distance so it's expected that he'll use this money either to support his drug and alcohol addiction or to use it for travelling.''

Sheri
              Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Amber Alert Update

Never mind, I just heard on the radio that they have been found in Alberta, he is in custody and as far as I know Maria is safe.

Thanks, anyway. Hope you get this problem fixed soon!!!!

Sheri
                Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary
                  I tried quite a few times, and also tried posting it in the Firefighters Forum but that didn't work either. Sometimes I got Page cannot be displayed, sometimes a blank white page (most often) and once "duplicate thread blah blah blah".
                  Umm... I HATE getting this stuff... WHY does it ALWAYS do it when I have something important to post.. like... RIGHT NOW! WT, please assist.. I'm trying to post a condolence to a another Forum member.
                  Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Comment

WebTeam,

I got the Cygnus Media is busy message the other day. I was also unable to post a new thread in the Firefighters Forum last week. What's the deal?
                    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Comment

Originally posted by NYSmokey
                      WebTeam,

I got the Cygnus Media is busy message the other day. I was also unable to post a new thread in the Firefighters Forum last week. What's the deal?
                      Yeah, I guess the site was down for quite a few hours. *sigh*

Got the whole range of error messages from "Cygnus Media busy", the page just not loading, page not found, 504 timeouts etc.

Can't post threads.

First, for months and months, I was getting TWO email notifications for most threads. Now, no email notifications at all since Thursday night or Friday morning. The last time that happened, I got hundreds of emails at once. I'm sure Brian (77) remembers that too!

PMs to the Webteam not getting answered. Are they even being read?? I have PM's in my sent box that appear not to have been read by the Webteam. No matter what the issue is/was.

So when is this big "miracle fix" supposed to happen?

And no, I don't use "AOHELL".

Sheri
                      Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

It's not a "cache" or "browser" problem as they keep claiming, it's a database issue. Something is not kosher between their install of vBulletin and their SQL database, which is why the search functions are also fubar. It also doesn't help that the release of vBulletin they're running on is well over a year old and they've released two entirely new versions of it already.

Comment

Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary
                          So when is this big "miracle fix" supposed to happen?
                          I think I figured out the problem last night. Here's the deal, when you try to post a new thread you must first say the alphabet backwards to make sure you haven't had "too many drinks." Once you pass that little gem of-a-test, next you must compose your message, backwards. So.. "I can't post a thread" would actually look like "daerht a tsop t'nac I". BEFORE you click the holiest of holy "Submit Reply" button, you must first: turn in your chair eight (8) times counterclockwise, and then turn eight (8) time clockwise to equal everything out. (I dunno.. it wouldn't work unless I turned clockwise also) Then, you must make a Dove bird-call sound twice. After all this, you may proceed to the Submit Reply button while making this face: (I found that making this particular face has the most success... YES, I did try others..)

Good luck, I hope those instructions are clear.
                          Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Comment

Oh ... so THAT'S the trick

Just tried posting another thread, about Extreme Makeover: Home Edition ... didn't work ... yet again

Sheri
                            Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Bumpity bump bump

Still having problems ...

Sheri
                              Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

me too .............got the ol duplicate thread message ! ...........HELP HELP HELP HELP !
                                IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                                Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                                ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                                RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                                LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                                I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                                "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                                http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X