Posting on the Main Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting on the Main Forum

I can't seem to get a post to go through on the main (firefighters) forum.

I have been trying for several weeks now, I saved the message to a text file.

Birken

I have the same problem, except I cannot start a thread in any forum. This has gone on for the past couple of weeks. Messages to the WebTeam and customer service have not been answered.
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Comment

Originally posted by KenNFD1219
      I have the same problem, except I cannot start a thread in any forum. This has gone on for the past couple of weeks. Messages to the WebTeam and customer service have not been answered.
      You are not the only one, Ken....... I know pfd109nfd107 has had the same issue and same results........
      The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
      We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
      IACOJ

Comment

Folks

Clear your caches. Everyone we've logged in with their userid it works on other computers. Try it on another computer, its very likely to work. Clear your cache and please try again. We are upgrading the forums in early September, which may help resolve any lingering issues, but if you can post here, you should be able to post in any thread area. If all else fails, PM us your userid/pw and we'll try it ourselves.

Thanks

Comment

I have tried it on my home and work computer, and using Firefox and Explorer both. I used to get a blank page, now it doesn't even go to another page when I hit the submit button. Funny but it worked fine in this forum.

Birken

Comment

Still have the same problem here. I've used FireFox, I.E., and Netscape and cleared the caches on all before posting.
            -------------------
            "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"

Comment

Ditto for me on the new thread issue in all forums - although I can reply (obviously ).
              ullrichk
              a.k.a.
              perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Comment

This is an odd problem. The WebTeam started a thread with my account today, but I am still unable to myself.

I even went as far as downloading a different browser, one that has never been on this computer. I still get a blank page when I submit a new thread. If I resubmit, a window pops up stating that I have already submitted the post.

I have eliminated the computer (I tried three), the network (two networks, differnet locations), browsers (Firefox, I.E., and Opera). I know there were some issues with AOL, but I do not use them to connect to the Internet.

What else can I try?
                -------------------

Comment

I am having a problem starting a thread in the apparatus inovation forum, I wait a few minutes try to repost and it claims a thread with that title already exsists refering to the thread I attempted to start
                  Engine 101
                  The Pride of Old Town

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeU8-8xSvMU

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h155/Seagrave7/

Comment

Originally posted by Engine101
                    I am having a problem starting a thread in the apparatus inovation forum, I wait a few minutes try to repost and it claims a thread with that title already exsists refering to the thread I attempted to start
                    ditto for me in the IL state threads.
                    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

I also had the same issue a while back. Kept trying to post and ended up with a blank screen after hitting submit. If I tried again it would say that a thread already exsists with that name.
                      Fir Na Tine
                      Fir Na Au Saol

Comment

Search is also all hosed up .............went to search something .........and after thie first time when it found "no results" ..I went to search again and all I got was a blank page that said "Done" in the lower left hand corner of the browser.
                        IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                        Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                        ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                        RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                        LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                        I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                        "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                        http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

We'll be upgrading VBulletin this month..hopefully that will resolve most of these issues.

Thanks

Comment

please try now folks

Comment

It's no different now than it has been

I posted the thread and it just went to a blank page

Birken

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X