Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]m
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Time Lapse in Posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WebTeam
    replied

The 'most recent post' pages are 'live' CGI scripts that keep track of those segments.

Servers do not cache CGI pages, only HTML and other 'static' pages.

Thus, the front page of the forums and sub categories should always be current, but the HTML might be old. But this is very rare to be more than a few minutes, or a hour or two old, unless you are using a very small ISP.

You may want to check your browser's setttings to ensure you are always loading the most recent version. This may depend on your browser. It sounds like if you are seeing no replies, you are seeing a very old version and something is wrong with your browser.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    If the responses are being "cached" by my server, why are the number of replies and the most recent post time current? The topic on "Women in the Firehouse" is currently showing 7 replies with a time logged just minutes ago, yet I can only see the original post at this time, no replies.

Leave a comment:

• WebTeam
    replied
    All posts are updated instantly.

The forum category and thread displays are dynamic, thus not 'cached' by your browser or ISP.

However, if your browser is set to used cached versions of pages (with .HTML extensions on the end in your address window) it should always be set under preferences to view the most current version) or your ISP caches pages (stores them in their memory and serves them, instead of us), you might be seeing an OLDER version of Firehouse.com than actually exists, possibly by a few hours.

If setting your browser doesnt seem to make a difference, try contacting your ISP to find out their caching policy (although dont be surprised if they don't tell you). Services like AOL and other ISPs cache pages instead of serving them live to cut down on their bandwith and other various reasons.

Thanks
    WebTeam

[This message has been edited by WebTeam (edited 06-06-2001).]

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Time Lapse in Posts?

Time Lapse in Posts?

I was just wondering how the system works. Whenever I post a reply, the system updates the time and number of posts immediately, and moves the topic to the top of the forum. However, I don't see my post until much later in the day or even the next day. On my last post, I constantly checked the topic to see what was happening, and when my post finally showed up hours later, there were already replies to it that were posted less than an hour after mine. How are these other people able to read my post and reply to it before I ever see it to begin with?

I also noticed that when I post a new topic it pops up immediately. Why the difference?

[This message has been edited by FF's SignfOthr (edited 06-04-2001).]

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X