Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

DALE CITY GOES TO THE PENTAGON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Snider
    replied
    As I write this my heart is heavy with pain.I would like to extened my love and my condolences to the famlies of all the victims who's lives were so tragically taken.To my BROTHERS, you are in my thoughts and prayers.I know that you will not rest till all of our BROTHERS are accounted for. My GOD Bless each and every one of you.

I have no Ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a firemen.The position may,in the eyes of some,appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work whichthe firemen has to do believe that his is a noble calling. There is an adage which says that"Nothing can be destroyed except by fire." We strive to preserve from destruction the wealth of the world, which is the product of the industry of men,necessary for the comfort of both the rich and the poor.We are defenders from fires of the art which has beautified the world, the product of the genius of men and the means of refinement of mankind.But,above all, our proudest endeavor is to save lives of men----the work of God Himself.Under the impulse of such thoughts, the nobility of the occupation thrills us and stimulates us to deeds of daring, even at the supreme sacrifice.Such considerations may not strike the average mind,but they are sufficient to fill to the limit our ambition in life and to make us serve the general purpose of human society.

Leave a comment:

• captstanm1
    replied
    Jared....

I knew you guys would get involved. Watching in AWE from Florida... Well done..!! Proud to say I have been associated with your department.

Stan Mettinger
    PWCDRF 1979-1998

Leave a comment:

• J.B.Goff
    started a topic DALE CITY GOES TO THE PENTAGON

DALE CITY GOES TO THE PENTAGON

Soon after the Boeing 757 crashed into the Pentagon, Arlington Fire officials soon realized that they were in need of additional resources.

The staff command from Arlington and Fairfax Counties called for resources from numerous counties in the Northern Virginia area. These included Alexandria, Prince William, Loudoun, Montgomery County (MD), Prince Georges County (MD), National Airport Authority.

Dale City Volunteer Fire Department (DCVFD) was summonsed by DCVFD Fire Chief Chris Woods soon after 1000 (ET) by utilizing our "all page" system. Approximately 40 volunteers arrived just after 1100 hrs (ET). Initially three EMS units were dispatched to the Pentagon. Altogether, there were just over 10 EMS units, ALS and BLS from Prince William County that responded for mutual aid.

A command center was established and staffing was coordinated by the DCVFD Deputy Chiefs with logistical support from two line officers. The Northern Virgina REACT was contacted to serve as a communications section for Dale City and unit to unit contact. Pagers, cell phones, and landlines were obsolete due to the high volume of use. Fortunately, NEXTEL and the ALTARIS Computer Aided Dispatch terminals were of great use.

DCVFD members were distributed throughout Dale City, Arlington, and Fairfax Counties. and worked through much of yesterday and today to assist our surrounding counties in providing quality fire and rescue protection. Units and members from Dale City are still operating in other fire stations.

Contact the DCVFD to lend support at [email protected] or WWW.DCVFD.org

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X