• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona Beach Fla--Man sets fire to Girlfriends Apartment

Police: Man sets fire to ex-girlfriend's apartment

Staff Report

Last update: 09 October 2003

DAYTONA BEACH -- A man upset about a breakup with his girlfriend set her apartment on fire Wednesday afternoon, police said.

Steven Gooden, 22, of Daytona Beach went to his ex-girlfriend's apartment and piled clothes on a bed, doused them with a flammable fluid and set them on fire, said police Sgt. John Tarr.

Gooden turned himself in to police Wednesday night and was charged with arson, police said. He is being held at the Volusia County Branch Jail on $5,000 bail, Tarr said.

Firefighters were called to the fire at the Caroline Apartments, 215 N. Caroline St., at 5:17 p.m., said Fire Department Lt. John King. Gooden's girlfriend was not at home at the time of the fire and was staying with friends, King said.

The fire in the one-bedroom, ground-floor apartment caused more than $2,500 loss to the contents and $12,000 in damage to the structure, he said. The second floor apartments in the building sustained smoke damage, he said.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X