Carraway man dies in mobile home fire

By Kirk Collier
The Palatka Daily News


Smoking has been determined as the cause of a trailer fire that killed a 75-year-old Carraway man and his cat early Wednesday morning.
The victim's name has not been released because his next of kin had not been notified as of Wednesday afternoon.
"It originated in the area of the front couch," said Joe Guidry, Putnam County fire marshal. "It was caused by cigarettes, or smoking materials." He said the trailer did not have a smoke detector.
Guidry said fire and rescue services received a structure-fire call around 2:15 a.m. and responded to 307 East Lemon St., off of Carraway Church Road.
"It was a 40 by 10, pull-behind, camping trailer," he said. "It was fully involved when fire and rescue got there."
According to Guidry, the man had been living in the trailer for the past 13 years.
Volunteer fire crews from Bardin, Florahome and Francis responded to the fire.