Panhandle worker electrocuted on golf course

Associated Press

Last update: 16 September 2003

PANAMA CITY BEACH -- A golf course maintenance worker was electrocuted when he accidentally sawed through an electrical wire, Bay County sheriff's deputies say.

Waymon B. Camp, 46, was found unconscious Monday in a five-foot hole that had been dug to expose leaky sprinkler pipes he was fixing on the Club Meadows course at the Bay Point Yacht & Country Club.

Another worker, Carl Rutter, pulled Camp from the hole and performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation until deputies arrived, according to a sheriff's report.

Deputies and paramedics continued CPR and used a portable defibrillator in an unsuccessful effort to restart Camp's heart.


Information from: The News Herald,