Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dunedin Fla--Gas Leak Closes Several Businesses

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dunedin Fla--Gas Leak Closes Several Businesses

    St. Petersburg Times
    Dunedin businesses evacuated after gas leak is detected
    By Times Staff Writer
    © St. Petersburg Times
    published August 5, 2003


    DUNEDIN - Business owners and customers were evacuated from several stores on Main Street for about a hour Monday afternoon after a fire official smelled gas at the front door of Casa Tina Mexican Grill, 369 Main St. No one was hurt. The natural gas leak from the restaurant's stove was minor, said fire Marshal Chris Bengivengo. The restaurant is closed Mondays; no one was inside. "It ended up being a minor problem, but it could have been a major problem," Bengivengo said. Gas levels did not reach the explosive point, he said. The restaurant cannot reopen until owners replace the gas manifold near the stove where the leak occurred, repair the gas water heater pipe and comply with other minor fire code violations, said fire inspector S.C. Strong. Owners Javier and Tina Marie Avila expected to reopen Wednesday. Fire inspectors went to the restaurant shortly after noon Monday to follow up on a minor gas leak repaired Sunday.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X