An early morning fire in the employee kitchen at Brooksville City Hall left employees standing in the parking lot for almost 2 hours as firefighters worked to remove the smoke that filled the 1st and 2nd floors. The fire originated on a heating device in the employee kitchen and employees were made aware of the fire when the fire alarm system activated. There was no extinguishing system but firefighters quickly extinguished the small fire that filled the first 2 floors with smoke. More time was spent evacuating smoke than anything else.