• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beulah Fla--Fire Heavily Damages Home

PENSACOLA NEWS JOURNAL

Fire damages Beulah home

From staff reports

An apparent electrical fire gutted a Beulah home on Monday.

Neighbors called in the blaze about 2 p.m. when they noticed smoke, Escambia Fire-Rescue Battalion Chief Patrick Grace said. Volunteer and Escambia Fire-Rescue crews from Beulah, Bellview and Ensley found flames shooting out the back windows when they arrived at the home in the 1900 block of Bridlewood Road.

Firefighters, responding to a call that there was someone inside, entered through the front and quickly extinguished the flames, limiting fire damage to two of the four rooms in the house, Grace said.

Searches yielded a dead cat. The house's resident was not home at the time, Grace said.

"It was a very hot fire," Grace said. "The crews worked well together and did a great job in limiting the damage, but there was heavy smoke damage."

State Fire Marshal Thomas Bosco ruled the fire accidental, pointing to the power cord from the window air conditioning unit. Damage was estimated at $50,000.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X