• Show
Clear All

• Pembrook Pines Fla--Hooter's Restaurant Burns

Sun-Sentinel

Christmas Day fire damages Hooters restaurant in Pines

By Vicky Agnew
    Staff Writer
    Posted December 27 2002

PEMBROKE PINES ยท A Christmas Day fire severely damaged a popular Hooters restaurant in Pembroke Pines and left a lot of hungry customers looking for alternatives to their favorite lunch spot.

A police officer patrolling near the restaurant at 7990 Pines Blvd. about 10:50 p.m. reported smoke coming from the closed building. It took firefighters about 30 minutes to bring the blaze under control, said Pembroke Pines Fire Marshal Sam Halpert.

The cause of the fire was still undetermined Thursday, but manager Mike Wingard said it started in the kitchen. The most severe damage occurred in the kitchen followed by the dining room and bar. Fire officials estimated the damage at $400,000.

A steady stream of regular customers who had not heard the news Thursday stopped by the restaurant, which has stood on the corner of Pines Boulevard and University Drive for 10 years.

Several managers were on the scene cleaning up and cheerfully told customers that the restaurant would reopen in a few weeks. One male customer asked to be directed to the closest Hooters in the area.

Hooters, a national chain, has 310 restaurants in 49 states, including nine locations in South Florida.

"We're a real popular place -- probably one of the busiest places in Pembroke Pines," Wingard said. "But we'll get up and running real soon. We're going to have a grand reopening."

Customers Tracy Hall and girlfriend Joanne Galfo pulled into the parking lot and took just a few steps before learning the restaurant was closed. Hall said he and his sons, ages, 14, 15 and 16, are regulars.

"It's just fun and good food," Hall said.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

I can't tell you what about the USA but .. Commercial real estate security is the first point of increased attention of inspectors. This is especially true for the business that is closely related to people. Here are restaurants, for example. Check out listings from CHI Real Estate. There are excellent buildings for this kind of business and there is modern fire-fighting technology everywhere. This is the norm for Toronto.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X