No announcement yet.

Where are all the wisconsinites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Rig Guy and Golzy: According to the paper the new 5 station will have room for a gut bucket? Is their something you guys are not telling us? is this going to be a G.C. box or a fire based box in the station. You all know we are waiting for you guys to put the pinch on G.C. so we can better our services with fire/ems... Just wondering? Keep us informed if there is a hint of a pinch move because we are interested (or talk) in doing the same on this side of the bay....Also tell FNG. R.M. sorry for the damage to his inlaws place..Cost of doing business.. I worked with him in St.Cloud, good guy!!!!!
    Be SAFE!!! Go home when your shift is done and enjoy life.
    This is MY OPINION and ONLY MINE.
    Not my Departments/IAFF/WPFF

Comment

Originally posted by plisken View Post
      Well Dfurtman I guess I will see you their, Three of us will be there 7/16-7/19, and 7/23-7/26 for USAR training on the north side, Maybe well hook up for a beer.
      sounds great!.. We're running 24 hour 1 day on 1 day off schedule with a kelly every 6 shifts.. so I'll be working at the station on 7/16 and 7/18 and 7/24 and 7/26.. Drop by and i'll show ya around and we can plan on a beer.

-Damien

Comment

Hey Jasper

Dam Bud, You are going to have a Great time at USAR. It was F***ing awsome if your into Tools, Distruction, Comfined Spaces with power tools and Jack hammers. Building Sh**, and just working hard.. We had a blast working with other departments (partied hard also). The Pile is Kick A**, Cutting torches in confined spaces and busting everything.... As I said a dam good time.....Food isnt the best but it makes a turd...beers cold though, You go in Sept? should be a bit cooler than ours.... So whats New? met a few of your boys there (good Guys) we all had fun.... Be safe

Comment

Hey plisken,

I think that was a misprint. I heard that the chief got a call first thing in the morning about that article from Stauber. I talked with the deputy on the way down to customfire ( new 8 Engine ) the other day and he said we are going to have an independent study like St Pauls and it might come up then. However with the way the city is going financially I doubt it will happen. I think that the remodel of 5's and the new engine are still a go. Something about capital money being a different pot. Hopefully things are going good with you and the family. Stay in touch and stay safe.

Comment

Hey Rig Guy. I stopped and got the skinny, The future? sounds like a way to get a indoor parking spot for the POV if you ask me.. Hows the new 5 engine comming, did I read that right , Custom got the Bid? I was at the inlaws and see the police got the go ahead to patrol the beach on 4 wheelers, any chance that opens the door to beach responces via a 4x4 type unit? Well my family keeps me busy, the boys are gettign big and the battles are starting (turf wars) how are the girls? BE SAFE OVER THERE and keep me informed if I don't catch you instation some time soon. Later

Comment

If all goes according to plan, I should be teaching at the fire school at LSC. We should all plan to meet at Grandmas for a few....dozen.
              My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
              "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
              George Mason
              Co-author of the Second Amendment
              during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
              Elevator Rescue Information

Comment

Grandma's sounds fun. What are you going to be teaching up here in the northland?

Comment

A tactics class for the state fire school. This will be our 3rd year and it's been a lot of fun. It gets a real great mix of students from all size departments and it keeps me on my toes to stay on top of things!
                  My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
                  "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                  George Mason
                  Co-author of the Second Amendment
                  during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
                  Elevator Rescue Information

Comment

plisken,

As for the response on the beach the next 5 engine will be 4x4. We are discussing either a GMC 5500 chassis or a Freightliner M2 100 series chassis. Both have low profile 19.5" tires, 4 x 4 and several other goodies. It would be nice to get the big red ford in the garage here once in a while. At least during bad weather. After the spring blizzard I had to have 3 coil packs replaced on my truck due to them shorting out from all of the snow packed inder the hood. We were at Customfire the other day for 8 Engine, 5 Engine will not be bid until the budget is set for next year, and who knows when that will be. We are looking at plans for the new station next year though. I guess that is already set money. It looks like it will be very nice with a planned completion of November 2008. Stop by any time the big red ford is parked outside. Girls are doing good. Oldest 3 are in soccer with 2 playing on the same night, so we have to be in 2 places at once. Still working on the house and keeping busy. Talk to you later and stay safe.

Comment

• Hey Rum: sounds good, let us know when your in town.....

Comment

• Originally posted by plisken View Post
                        Dam Bud, You are going to have a Great time at USAR. It was F***ing awsome if your into Tools, Distruction, Comfined Spaces with power tools and Jack hammers. Building Sh**, and just working hard.. We had a blast working with other departments (partied hard also). The Pile is Kick A**, Cutting torches in confined spaces and busting everything.... As I said a dam good time.....Food isnt the best but it makes a turd...beers cold though, You go in Sept? should be a bit cooler than ours.... So whats New? met a few of your boys there (good Guys) we all had fun.... Be safe

Sorry I missed this post. Yeah, I was up there early on, back in April, just to check things out. I've been a collapse technician for 11 years now, and teach collapse at a different facility in the mid-west.
                        I will have to disagree with you though, it's really nothing but a Doyle screw up, there. It could have been great, but our beloved governor never let it be what it could have been. It doesn't accomplish anything that they pretend to have wanted out of it. It also does nothing but give everyone a false sense of security in the class. It really isn't a technician program up there.

I'm glad you had a good time, and made good money, and yes, the beer is always cold!

I don't mean to be negative, but this is a program our governor completely dropped the ball on. The leadership there up there needs to go. Maybe we'll talk about it over a beer sometime. Keep it safe.
                        Last edited by jasper45; 11-14-2007, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Just got back from the pile and I have to say I did learn some things and did have some fun. Overall I agree with you Jasper, that things could be better. While one may learn things and get an understanding, unless one really uses the skills, they will forget it. One of the differences between ops and tech was that they really weren't used together. Basically there was no real shoring going on when in the pile and really no shifting loads etc. While it gave you a basic overview of what one would have to do, it is nothing like if the real thing happened. Kind of like you have "enough" info to get you by, but not enough to make one proficient.

Although there was talk there about funding being there for 3 seperate 72 hour deployments, where each task force goes in for a big training scenario. Sounds good to me, but one of the big problems, at the state level, there is no real info on how the teams will get deployed. How things will work, what will be needed, is equipment and training standardized, where the TF's get deployed, just state or even federal level, etc. Just a lot of questions, but no real answers. In a sense, it is like building a 6 story building before the foundation is set. We have all this training, but no real idea how things will actually work.

Like I said, I learned stuff, but I also know that I won't be seeing much actual training at the dept level to keep up with everything. I am glad that I am finally done with all the certification classes for this year, been a long year, but the money helps. Well take care gents, and maybe will see you on the next training.
                          The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

Comment

• Originally posted by jccrabby3084 View Post
                            Although there was talk there about funding being there for 3 seperate 72 hour deployments, where each task force goes in for a big training scenario. Sounds good to me, but one of the big problems, at the state level, there is no real info on how the teams will get deployed. How things will work, what will be needed, is equipment and training standardized, where the TF's get deployed, just state or even federal level, etc. Just a lot of questions, but no real answers. In a sense, it is like building a 6 story building before the foundation is set. We have all this training, but no real idea how things will actually work.

Thats about what I was trying to say. The training is not all bad, it's just not as good as it could, or should be. The real problem is with how the regional task forces are set up. All the money spent so far, and we're light years behind other states.
                            Like I said before, enjoy the pay checks, and the beer. lol

Comment

• I agree but one must crawl before one walks. It is a start to something that could be very great but the funding and dedication must be there. As for calling it a Tech class, Not even close,. but it at least gives people a Idea of what is involved, Now it is also up to us to try and continue the education that goes along with it. The whole deal should not have been done through OJA (my opinion) but as I said, it is a start. The whole rules of deployment, contracts, and the other stuff hopefuly will get figured out. I thought it was fun, and a learning experiance. The best was working with the other departments from around the state. I learned alot of stuff from the other agencies that were there, But I agree having 8 days of training does not even scratch the surface. yet if it happened tomarrow, we would have a better idea now than we did 5 yrs ago, that showed with our confined space incident. We will have to see what the future holds. But something is better than nothing, and we got a lot of great tools out of the deal.

Comment

• That's really what ****es me off about the entire program, the lack of long term planning with it. The funding has been there since 2002, and Doyle sat on it, and gave a few political paybacks for his campaign. That's what OJA was really about.

It should be a crime with how the money was mismanaged. Look at what has happened at Volk with in the last year and a half, and then think about what could have happened if that part of the plan was implemented almost 5 years ago.
                                Please don't take my criticism of the program as directed at you guys. It's entirely at the management of it. We, as a state, had a chance to develop an incredible program, that works - and we fumbled the ball. I am glad you guys took a lot out of it.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X