No announcement yet.

Where are all the wisconsinites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plisken... My dad was down in Ellison bay when the lodge blew.. he was staying just down the road..

Rigguy.. i may have to drop by sometime.. My girlfriends parents live almost next door to the gas station..

-Damien

Comment

plisken,

It was good to see you to we shouldn't make it so long in between.

dfurtman,

I look foward to the company anytime.

Comment

Ya rig Guy.... Some time I will figure out your schedule and we will have to get together.... Im in the yellow book......
        Be SAFE!!! Go home when your shift is done and enjoy life.
        This is MY OPINION and ONLY MINE.
        Not my Departments/IAFF/WPFF

Comment

Hey Golzy and rigguy: Thanks for the invite to the fire... Nice of you to remember us guys over here . I would love to hear the older guys, having to swollow their pride... Nice to see the two cities getting along these days.. I think we can both learn and share with one another especially between us younger gents... I guess your chief was impressed with the boat and what it does or can do?, so maybe we can train a few of your gents to run it... The new Joke is to put a Duluth patch under ours on our sleeve......yet it is just a joke, you know we could become stations 10,11,and 12...later gents be safe...
          Last edited by plisken; 06-22-2007, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Jey JC. We Got to use our new boat at a fire in Duluth today. Our BC called in a crew to run it instead of using a on duty crew.. I guess the things work well... We don't have it running 100% but it worked good there... Duluths Chief was Impressed.... Have you got to use yours Yet?

Comment

There you go pilskin, ask and you shall receive. I got to goto that fire, and when we were having issues with the water supply I asked my captain if your boat was up and running, he then called the AC who called you. It was cool to see, the Duluth news tribune actually wrote a fair amount about your boat in the latest article about the fire. I was hoping to see you there, but didn't. We'll get together one of these times on a fire. I like the Duluth patch joke, one of your guys who came over on the boat jokingly said he wanted a Duluth fire application.

Comment

Originally posted by plisken View Post
                Jey JC. We Got to use our new boat at a fire in Duluth today. Our BC called in a crew to run it instead of using a on duty crew.. I guess the things work well... We don't have it running 100% but it worked good there... Duluths Chief was Impressed.... Have you got to use yours Yet?
                Nice to hear you got to use the boat. Sounds like Golzy made the call for you guys. That is more use than ours has gotten. I think if the rumors are true, ours has spent more time out of the water than in it. Bad thing is there is a slip for it at the Days Inn downtown. They did use it for the Bayfest fireworks though.
                The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

Comment

Well Thanks Golzy... I should have been driving it, we had it hooked up and ready to go prior to your request.... Expecting a call.. when it came our B/C call in some off duty guys, so my crew missed out, oh well... Sounds like the owner was none to happy, The telegram made it sound like the boat did everything and put us on a silver platter....We know its BS but still we made the paper for a fire even though it wasn't ours... We have had 4 fires in 5 shifts and not a word until this one.... Thanks for the suggestion to the capt, if it will help make the call....Well if you need our help give us a call, I know for some it is hard to swollow but still we like working with you guys.... we thought the patch idea would be funny, well be safe and catch you later......

Comment

What was that about a telegram? Did he send one to Superior? That fire was just a bad situation in general, we wanted to draft but there was no access to the lake because stuff was piled up all around the edge of the water, and the closest hydrant was 2900 feet away (we ended up laying that much yellow). we actually only lost about 150 sq feet of building and saved around 800 sq feet, so it wasn't a complete loss. The owner still was not happy, which I can understand, he lost his business, that is a shame.

Comment

No the Telegram is the soup town news paper!!... I talked to C.L. at 5 sta. the next morning to catch the scoup..... Sounds like you guys had alot of LDH to rack... Are you sure they were joking about the applications??(ha,ha) It was quick thinking by lane to come up with that answer.... Well at least things went as well as expected.... Next time the owner might think about a Hydrant near the place,not wait so long to call, or maybe put in sprinklers...
                      Still not much you can do with the curcumstances faced.... Good Job though, the whole slip didn't burn up, kept super wood, and the 850' building to the north... well some day well run into each other at a scene..... later
                      Last edited by plisken; 06-25-2007, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Ya JC understand, once we get ours fixed, we might keep it in the water, it would speed things up a bit... I wonder how the zebra muscles are going to affect it once they find a new home in the jet... we learned alot, putting the fittings for a handline and rubber hose (25 footers) on it, big rope to tie off so you don't have to dick with the hover....(you can back away and have the rope hold you) and changing the 5" storz to 4 " storz with a wye so you can operate the deck gun and a handline.....otherwise it worked better than we all gave it credit for..... Hows the action in GB land??? we have been busy 5 fires in 6 shifts, we call it busy you might call it a normal duty day!!.... Well its hot up here for our standards but who's complaining, winter will be here in a month or two, Don't forget to drop a e-mail if you get up this way..... Later

Comment

Yep Plisken,

I'll drop an email before heading up. I would like to get up there again soon. So as for the jobs go I have to think a bit. We have had a couple arson fires around and a lot of nuisance fires, but nothing to big that I can recall. I've also been off for several days and enjoying my time away from the station. Yet, strangely I feel compelled to check on here and see what is going on.

Take brother, and I'll shoot you an email before travelling.
                          The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

Comment

I'll be deploying to Camp Douglas/Volk Field Wisconsin for 2 months (July 2 to Aug. 30) to support Aircraft testing as an ARFF member with the 148th Fighter Wing. Looks like i'm the only one going..

-Damien

Comment

Well Dfurtman I guess I will see you their, Three of us will be there 7/16-7/19, and 7/23-7/26 for USAR training on the north side, Maybe well hook up for a beer.

Comment

Hey Plisken,

Heard some updates on our boat for you. First off, I guess the name of it now is the S.S. Litterbox. Kind of full of s**t. It has been to the shop quite a few times and never really used. It was taken out one day twice and the second time, barely made it back. So anyway, hopefully the quirkes get worked out, otherwise I informed our deputy chief where we can get a replacement...

Take care and hope to travel northwest soon.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X