No announcement yet.

Where are all the wisconsinites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Damien...nice to have you here..GB here. I applied for SFD...I liked the Twin Ports area.
    The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

Comment

Wow, there are firefighters from Wisconsin

Good afternoon everyone!
      I'm FF/EMT-IV in Wales/Genesee
      Glad to see there are some here from home.
      Tom Laumann

Comment

Glad to see there are some here from home.
        Oh, there are a few of us lurking about.

Comment

Originally posted by MMedrow21 View Post
          you are from the falls, i work their as a police aide right now. Also are you full time or are you POC, or stand by. I was thinking about going on stand by for the falls they have a great crew out there from what i have seen. Are you going to madison for the testing, or staying with the falls.

ALSO FAVRE IS BACK!!!!!
          hey sorry it took me so long to get back.

I am Station 1, brand new, finishing up Fire I, am paid on call and I live on right off of shady lane.

My full time job (where I am now) is working for an life insurance company as a project manager, I really like my job, so I won't be going full time in fire.

The falls DOES have a great crew. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by jccrabby3084 View Post
            Hi Damien...nice to have you here..GB here. I applied for SFD...I liked the Twin Ports area.
            Thank you.. I am planning on applying for the City of Superior FD as a Career as soon as they open up applications.. May also go for Duluth Fire or Minnesota Fire (Up at the Duluth Airport), but that may be a while... I love this area.. and hopefully plan on staying in this area.

-Damien

Comment

I took the Madison test as well. Hope I did okay. I just had an interview the other day for a POC position at South Milwaukee. Went well.

Comment

hey clark, thats cool that you had an interview with south milwaukee i was going to apply with them. I had an interview about 2 weeks ago with Thiensville POC thought it went well, so we shall see. i wont know anything until March to see if the village board approves. By the way Clark where do you live?

Comment

I'm from Oak Creek. I just got a call today to schedule my physical, which is Friday. So everything is going great so far. If you want to work POC for SM, then you would have to move closer. They just recently moved the limits out to Oak Creek and Cudahy because they couldn't get enough South Milwaukee residents. I'd say give them a call if you're willing to relocate. They Chief is a great guy. Where's Theinsville? Good luck with that though.

Comment

plisken

Hey DFurtman, Superior should be opening soon, Our list expires in june so the City should be accepting apps soon. Duluth has hired 14 in the last 2 months so their list has to be getting short. I've been with superior for 5 years now, it is a good department, Not alot of retirements cumming up though. In duluth it has become a mass exitess due to the healthcare issue. ? on weather they will hold on to the number in the staffing, might lose 3 engine ( not 3 engines) just headquarters #3 engine, if you have any questions drop me a post I check in every shift to see what people are talking about. catch you later
                    Be SAFE!!! Go home when your shift is done and enjoy life.
                    This is MY OPINION and ONLY MINE.
                    Not my Departments/IAFF/WPFF

Comment

Originally posted by plisken View Post
                      Hey DFurtman, Superior should be opening soon, Our list expires in june so the City should be accepting apps soon. Duluth has hired 14 in the last 2 months so their list has to be getting short. I've been with superior for 5 years now, it is a good department, Not alot of retirements cumming up though. In duluth it has become a mass exitess due to the healthcare issue. ? on weather they will hold on to the number in the staffing, might lose 3 engine ( not 3 engines) just headquarters #3 engine, if you have any questions drop me a post I check in every shift to see what people are talking about. catch you later
                      thanks..

lol.. i just read your other post and realized who you are.. I have pictures for you and Les... this is "Probie" from the Flashover training this last weekend.

-Damien
                      Last edited by DFurtman; 03-14-2007, 10:33 AM.

Comment

plisken

Ya probie saw the giant pic of you in another thread, yet I knew who you were before that. Hey thanks for the pics from trng. Les sent them to me. You did good. When I get a line on the test I will pass it on, Also I have some friends in the big D so I will get the scoop. As I said the staffing over the bridge will suprize me if they keep it. Bugets are dropping fast Cloquet is excepting yet paramedic is a ness. Thanks again

Comment

Ya probie saw the giant pic of you in another thread, yet I knew who you were before that. Hey thanks for the pics from trng. Les sent them to me. You did good. When I get a line on the test I will pass it on, Also I have some friends in the big D so I will get the scoop. As I said the staffing over the bridge will suprize me if they keep it. Bugets are dropping fast Cloquet is excepting yet paramedic is a ness. Thanks again
                          Yeah.. i saw the ad for Cloquet and called them about it.. sadly nowhere near Paramedic right now.. lol... Glad ya enjoyed the pics... if ya would like anything larger, feel free to ask... and thanks for keeping me in the loop regarding the tests..

-Damien

Comment

3 engine is safe (I'm assigned to that truck right now), as far as I know the talks of cutting rigs on Duluth fire is done. They have hired 12 so far this year and they will be putting 6 more through in the next few months.

Comment

Hey Gents Superior FD (city) Here. The city will be taking apps this summer to test this fall. Nice to see a few of us checking in. Be safe out there. Duluth is heiring 6 more off their list soon (we lost 2 guys to them reciently) so their list is about dead, watch the papers and i'll post when I hear anything

Sorry Golzy12 didn't read your post before I piped in. Thats 18 off your current list -. when is the mayham going to stop..?
                              Last edited by plisken; 04-14-2007, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Hey Golzy 12 Good to hear from a Duluth FF. Good to hear 3 engine is safe.
                                damm glad to hear thought it would get the AX, Hate to loose anything from downtown. When they going to add someone to the point? I would go Bat Sh*t down there. You guys going to hold your staffing levels at current? At least through this fiscal year. Where does Superior send donations to the Stauber for Mayor fund ( Just Kidding ) how about 101,s fund against him. Hey be safe over their and don't be affraid to give us a jingle if you need our help. Be safe and keep your head on a swivel.

P.s Now we are EVEN!!!!!!!!!!
                                Last edited by plisken; 04-14-2007, 09:59 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...