Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Parades Coming Up?

Hey,
    Any departments in Virginia have parades coming up? If so, what are the dates and info? If you can email a flyer or something, go to www.thefirefighterwithin.com and click the link to my email and send it to me or just respond here. Thanks!

Parade

Virginia Beach is having its Fire Department 100th anniversary celebration and parade on October 7, 2006. It is happening at the municipal center near the courthouse.

Comment

Originally posted by VBFDSOOTY
      Virginia Beach is having its Fire Department 100th anniversary celebration and parade on October 7, 2006. It is happening at the municipal center near the courthouse.
      Do you have any contact info? Someone I can call or write?

Comment

Check on www.vbfd.com. Martin Grube is a firefighter here and is our historian. He can provide you with info as he is organizing a lot of this event. His contact info should be on the site.

Comment

West Point has a great night parade just for fire apparatus to kick off their "Crab Carnival". Last year there were over 80 pieces from all over including Maryland. Afterwards they have food and a get together at the firehouse with a unique presentation for awards: a powerpoint of the parade with a picture of each winner. There is a street dance and stuff for the kids afterwards also. In addition there is a 5 year trophy for best department which is about 5 ft tall and goes to a department each year to hold and defend. The department who wins it the most over a 5 year period gets to keep it. It is a great time, but I'm a little biased!

This year's is next Friday, October 6th at 6pm.

Comment

Originally posted by VBFDSOOTY
            Just to update everyone, I went to the VBFD site and the above event looks like it was postponed until November 4th due to nasty weather. Thanks.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X