Trailer blaze started by candles, firefighters say
StoryDiscussion Daily Herald

Provo firefighters work on controlling a fire at the Imperial Moblie Home Park located at 500 North and 1375 West, Friday, July 16, 2010. A neighbor said the homeowners were not home at the time of the fire. PATRICK SMITH/Daily Herald

Provo fire inspectors believe candles ignited combustible materials, which resulted in a trailer fire late Friday morning.

The fire, which was in a trailer park at 1375 W. 500 North, was called in to dispatchers shortly after noon; people were home at the time but were outside, said Fire Marshal Lynn Schofield. The two-alarm blaze took firefighters about 15 minutes to contain, said Capt. Jeff White. The trailer was a total loss; the surrounding trailers were not damaged. There were no injuries.

Two adults and three children lived in the trailer, according to the American Red Cross, which responded to the incident to help the victims. A car and a trampoline close to the fire did sustain some minor damage.
Attached Files