Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

2014 SAFD hiring process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 SAFD hiring process

So I am ranked 139 this year for the SAFD. They chose the top 300 to move onto the next phase. Can anyone give me some insight on what my chances are to get into the academy? I know I still have to do the CPAT but I shouldn't have a problem with that. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.sanantonio.gov/Portals/0/...on%20FINAL.pdf

they hire 40 or 80 last year???

Hang in there, you might come close
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

I believe it was closer to 50. I see the budget is higher this year so hopefully they are looking to hire more this time around. Thanks for your help, fire49

Comment

if I remember correctly they added 2 or 3 additional support positions

But, 50 may be a good number for you, once they start dropping people

Comment

One of the instructors at orientation mentioned that it took them approximately 200 people to get the 43 that they needed. Is it normal to go through so many just to get 40 or 50 applicants ?

Comment

Originally posted by Natemtz View Post
            One of the instructors at orientation mentioned that it took them approximately 200 people to get the 43 that they needed. Is it normal to go through so many just to get 40 or 50 applicants ?

Large pool they can be picky, and you are getting anyone off the street that meets the minimum, and may not really want to ff, just great pay!!!

Plus if you read some of the older threads, SA dq's for minimum reasons, plus everyone is not truthful on their apps.

Comment

I sure hope you're right. This is my 3rd time taking the exam and I have improved each time. I want this career BAD! I just wish they would adjust their military point system, because 5 WHOLE points is killer to those of us who aren't eligible for extra points. If they were to award 2 or even 3 military points it would be fine, but I find it very challenging to compete with those who are awarded the extra points. Especially, when the test is scored with 1,000 of a point.

Comment

Originally posted by Natemtz View Post
                I sure hope you're right. This is my 3rd time taking the exam and I have improved each time. I want this career BAD! I just wish they would adjust their military point system, because 5 WHOLE points is killer to those of us who aren't eligible for extra points. If they were to award 2 or even 3 military points it would be fine, but I find it very challenging to compete with those who are awarded the extra points. Especially, when the test is scored with 1,000 of a point.

Best advice::

1. Get tx ff certified with emt

2 paramedic better

3 do not just go for the dream dept

With cert you will go from competing against 1000 to 100 or less

Comment

So what's everyone's progress with the safd? I passed my CPAT easier this month. I think the ergometrics test is next. Does anyone have info on what this test is? And how I can prep for it? Any help is much appreciated.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X