Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rehab truck

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rehab truck

    i will post these pictures of our new rehab truck to start a new thread
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Very nice. Very nice indeed. I'm jealous. Wish we had something like that.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

    Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

    Comment


    • #3
      So you post pics to tease us and no details? Come on, SPILL THE BEANS!

      Comment


      • #4
        It has seating capacity of 8 with the thought of getting firefighters into a climate controled envirement if needed,it has 2 refrigerators than run on the kussmaul plug at the station and switch over to truck power once running for gatorade and water bottles and perishable snack items will be stored also in them.It has 3 quick pop up canopys 10 x 10 on board and a 24 foot automatic canopy on the officers side to be used for shade with 13 fold up camping style chairs. It has 2 cooldraft misting fans for use under the canopy and we currently have 6 of the cool shirt system (vest you put on with hose attached to cooler that circulates cool water thru the vest to help lower your body temp) with plans to purchase 6 more it has 3 igloo coolers that carry water and gatorade with a coffee maker on board and also high calorie snacks. It also carries 7 portable tables for holding of snacks and any hot foods that we purchase depending on length of call it also has the bauer 13 cfm mobile cascade compressor and a 2 bottle refill station on the rear compartment for unlimited refilling of air bottles, it also has the rv style bathroom on it and 1 light tower on the top of the cab. I can't think of any thing else to mention i hope this answers your questions let me know if you have any other questions. To me its kind of a 2 in 1 truck mobile cascade/ rehab the department decided to name it rehab 1

        Comment


        • #5
          Nice truck! Never seen one before.

          Comment


          • #6
            Awesome rig!

            Comment


            • #7
              I've gotta be honest here. Unless this is a very large or very wealthy department, this rig seems a little over the top. So many departments sing the blues over the lack of money for training and/or firefighting equipment. Then they buy rigs like this that only serve a support role. Unless every other rig (used for actual firefighting) is state of the art, I wouldn't want to see money go for this.

              Comment


              • #8
                Come on Captain...If they have all they need then why not? I mean holy cow, take a look at all.the specialty rigs YOUR FD has.
                Crazy, but that's how it goes
                Millions of people living as foes
                Maybe it's not too late
                To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
                  Come on Captain...If they have all they need then why not? I mean holy cow, take a look at all.the specialty rigs YOUR FD has.
                  If they have all they need then I say go for it! They know better than me if they need it and can afford it.

                  Yes we have a lot of special apparatus. We also have over 8 million people in an area of about 300 square miles. One big reason for the high number of special units is that four out of five of NYC boros are islands and it doesn't take much to tie up the bridges and tunnels. We need redundancy built in. We also need to be able to handle multiple incidents. Terrorist trend has been toward multiple widespread attacks.

                  Special apparatus still make up a relatively small portion of overall fleet.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by captnjak View Post
                    If they have all they need then I say go for it! They know better than me if they need it and can afford it.

                    Yes we have a lot of special apparatus. We also have over 8 million people in an area of about 300 square miles. One big reason for the high number of special units is that four out of five of NYC boros are islands and it doesn't take much to tie up the bridges and tunnels. We need redundancy built in. We also need to be able to handle multiple incidents. Terrorist trend has been toward multiple widespread attacks.

                    Special apparatus still make up a relatively small portion of overall fleet.
                    GOTCHA!! Thanks for finally clearing up what FD you are a member of.
                    Crazy, but that's how it goes
                    Millions of people living as foes
                    Maybe it's not too late
                    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I don't consider us to be large, around 93,000 people in town and we cover 53 sq. miles and we are all volunteer department with only our chief being paid. We receive our budget from the city and they make sure we have what we need to do the job. This rehab was purchased at the same time as we purchased 5 Crimson pumpers which completed a recent upgrade to our entire fleet. Our oldest first out is a 2009 crimson and our reserve engines are 1993. This rehab replaced a 1995 rescue truck that had been converted to a rehab to meet our needs. Our rehab is available to any of our surrounding departments all they have to do is just call, It has been to Galveston for a large oil tank fire and to southeast Houston for an apartment fire. This unit isn't just for structure fires, it can be used on long duration calls also etc; gas leaks, grass fires, assisting our police departments Swat team and we still have money for training and I consider us as one of the best trained department in the Houston area.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
                        GOTCHA!! Thanks for finally clearing up what FD you are a member of.
                        Congratulations! Now we just have to work on the whole rank thing.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by captnjak View Post
                          Congratulations! Now we just have to work on the whole rank thing.
                          Nah, seeing what we both post here we are both pretty rank!!
                          Crazy, but that's how it goes
                          Millions of people living as foes
                          Maybe it's not too late
                          To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
                            GOTCHA!! Thanks for finally clearing up what FD you are a member of.
                            Dang ... He walked right into that one.
                            Train to fight the fires you fight.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by capt611 View Post
                              I don't consider us to be large, around 93,000 people in town and we cover 53 sq. miles and we are all volunteer department with only our chief being paid. We receive our budget from the city and they make sure we have what we need to do the job. This rehab was purchased at the same time as we purchased 5 Crimson pumpers which completed a recent upgrade to our entire fleet. Our oldest first out is a 2009 crimson and our reserve engines are 1993. This rehab replaced a 1995 rescue truck that had been converted to a rehab to meet our needs. Our rehab is available to any of our surrounding departments all they have to do is just call, It has been to Galveston for a large oil tank fire and to southeast Houston for an apartment fire. This unit isn't just for structure fires, it can be used on long duration calls also etc; gas leaks, grass fires, assisting our police departments Swat team and we still have money for training and I consider us as one of the best trained department in the Houston area.
                              had the privilege of attending the Harris County Weekend at TEEX earlier this year, and was very impressed with the level of training and professionalism of the folks in my class from that area. They were very well trained and prepared.
                              Train to fight the fires you fight.

                              Comment

                              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                              Collapse

                              Upper 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Leader

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X