Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

rehab truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rehab truck

i will post these pictures of our new rehab truck to start a new thread
    Attached Files

Very nice. Very nice indeed. I'm jealous. Wish we had something like that.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Comment

So you post pics to tease us and no details? Come on, SPILL THE BEANS!

Comment

It has seating capacity of 8 with the thought of getting firefighters into a climate controled envirement if needed,it has 2 refrigerators than run on the kussmaul plug at the station and switch over to truck power once running for gatorade and water bottles and perishable snack items will be stored also in them.It has 3 quick pop up canopys 10 x 10 on board and a 24 foot automatic canopy on the officers side to be used for shade with 13 fold up camping style chairs. It has 2 cooldraft misting fans for use under the canopy and we currently have 6 of the cool shirt system (vest you put on with hose attached to cooler that circulates cool water thru the vest to help lower your body temp) with plans to purchase 6 more it has 3 igloo coolers that carry water and gatorade with a coffee maker on board and also high calorie snacks. It also carries 7 portable tables for holding of snacks and any hot foods that we purchase depending on length of call it also has the bauer 13 cfm mobile cascade compressor and a 2 bottle refill station on the rear compartment for unlimited refilling of air bottles, it also has the rv style bathroom on it and 1 light tower on the top of the cab. I can't think of any thing else to mention i hope this answers your questions let me know if you have any other questions. To me its kind of a 2 in 1 truck mobile cascade/ rehab the department decided to name it rehab 1

Comment

Nice truck! Never seen one before.

Comment

Awesome rig!

Comment

I've gotta be honest here. Unless this is a very large or very wealthy department, this rig seems a little over the top. So many departments sing the blues over the lack of money for training and/or firefighting equipment. Then they buy rigs like this that only serve a support role. Unless every other rig (used for actual firefighting) is state of the art, I wouldn't want to see money go for this.

Comment

Come on Captain...If they have all they need then why not? I mean holy cow, take a look at all.the specialty rigs YOUR FD has.
                Crazy, but that's how it goes
                Millions of people living as foes
                Maybe it's not too late
                To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
                  Come on Captain...If they have all they need then why not? I mean holy cow, take a look at all.the specialty rigs YOUR FD has.
                  If they have all they need then I say go for it! They know better than me if they need it and can afford it.

Yes we have a lot of special apparatus. We also have over 8 million people in an area of about 300 square miles. One big reason for the high number of special units is that four out of five of NYC boros are islands and it doesn't take much to tie up the bridges and tunnels. We need redundancy built in. We also need to be able to handle multiple incidents. Terrorist trend has been toward multiple widespread attacks.

Special apparatus still make up a relatively small portion of overall fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by captnjak View Post
                    If they have all they need then I say go for it! They know better than me if they need it and can afford it.

Yes we have a lot of special apparatus. We also have over 8 million people in an area of about 300 square miles. One big reason for the high number of special units is that four out of five of NYC boros are islands and it doesn't take much to tie up the bridges and tunnels. We need redundancy built in. We also need to be able to handle multiple incidents. Terrorist trend has been toward multiple widespread attacks.

Special apparatus still make up a relatively small portion of overall fleet.
                    GOTCHA!! Thanks for finally clearing up what FD you are a member of.
                    Maybe it's not too late

Comment

I don't consider us to be large, around 93,000 people in town and we cover 53 sq. miles and we are all volunteer department with only our chief being paid. We receive our budget from the city and they make sure we have what we need to do the job. This rehab was purchased at the same time as we purchased 5 Crimson pumpers which completed a recent upgrade to our entire fleet. Our oldest first out is a 2009 crimson and our reserve engines are 1993. This rehab replaced a 1995 rescue truck that had been converted to a rehab to meet our needs. Our rehab is available to any of our surrounding departments all they have to do is just call, It has been to Galveston for a large oil tank fire and to southeast Houston for an apartment fire. This unit isn't just for structure fires, it can be used on long duration calls also etc; gas leaks, grass fires, assisting our police departments Swat team and we still have money for training and I consider us as one of the best trained department in the Houston area.

Comment

Congratulations! Now we just have to work on the whole rank thing.

Comment

Originally posted by captnjak View Post
                          Congratulations! Now we just have to work on the whole rank thing.
                          Nah, seeing what we both post here we are both pretty rank!!
                          Maybe it's not too late

Comment

Dang ... He walked right into that one.
                            Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

Originally posted by capt611 View Post
                              I don't consider us to be large, around 93,000 people in town and we cover 53 sq. miles and we are all volunteer department with only our chief being paid. We receive our budget from the city and they make sure we have what we need to do the job. This rehab was purchased at the same time as we purchased 5 Crimson pumpers which completed a recent upgrade to our entire fleet. Our oldest first out is a 2009 crimson and our reserve engines are 1993. This rehab replaced a 1995 rescue truck that had been converted to a rehab to meet our needs. Our rehab is available to any of our surrounding departments all they have to do is just call, It has been to Galveston for a large oil tank fire and to southeast Houston for an apartment fire. This unit isn't just for structure fires, it can be used on long duration calls also etc; gas leaks, grass fires, assisting our police departments Swat team and we still have money for training and I consider us as one of the best trained department in the Houston area.
                              had the privilege of attending the Harris County Weekend at TEEX earlier this year, and was very impressed with the level of training and professionalism of the folks in my class from that area. They were very well trained and prepared.
                              Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X