Moved to Knoxville, TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved to Knoxville, TN

I just moved back to Knoxville from Mooresville, NC (North of Charlotte) I been a firefighter for 2 and 1/2 years there and have class's toward my 1403, my question is will the class's I have taken for FF 1 and 2 transfer from NC to TN?? I am currantly seeking to get on a Vol Fire department and have an Application in at a near City department.

If NC is IFSAC accredited, Tennessee will recognize FFI and FFII certifications issued by NC.

Individual classes are not specifically required or tracked in Tennessee unless you are a member of a paid department participating in the salary supplement program, and then only those classes in your department's approved in-service program are looked at.

I hope that doesn't discourage you, because the training will still benefit you as a firefighter, and should make your certification testing that much easier. Best of luck finding the right department - I'm sure there are plenty that could use some help.
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Comment

moved to knoxville

hey eric what vol fire dept are you going with in knoxville i just moved back my self this week and am looking for a new vol fire dept. [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by westhurley663a View Post
        hey eric what vol fire dept are you going with in knoxville i just moved back my self this week and am looking for a new vol fire dept. [email protected]
        You should look at the Rescue Squad...it is one of the best building blocks around to get on with either Rural/Metro Fire or KFD. Your other 2 options are Karns Vol. Fire, Seymour Vol Fire, and Heiskell Vol Fire...

shoot me an email if i can help you in any way.

jsharp13 @ utk.edu

Comment

I am moving to Knoxville area in Mid-november to take a FF-P job with R/M. I would like to get on a volunteer department as well. Does anyone know the membership requirements for KVRS? I will be living right on the line of Knox and Blount counties, but on the blount county side. How about Seymour FD?

Comment

Check out their website http://www.kvers.net/ Basically fill out an application and go through their recruit process, great organization. Look forward to working with you by the way.

Comment

Thanks Maverick! I'm looking forward to the move and the excitement of a new Department. Where are you stationed?

Comment

Seymour is a good volunteer department to run with. I know some of the guys there and they are a great group of guys.

Comment

Thanks jbailey. I will look into that.

Comment

Hey WCRS22ND are now in knoxville working with RM??

Comment

Thats Correct I am.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...