Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Cranston Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cranston Fire

Has anyone heard anything about the Cranston Fire Test? It seems to be taking a long time....

Cranston fire exam

I heard from a few members of the dept. that they had to put it on hold due to the fact that the Police written and agility exam was going on. I know that the swim test for the fire dept. is going to be during Feb. vacation.

Did you take N.K.'s last night?

What did you think about either test, Cranston or N.K.'s??

Comment

update on Cranston FF exam

I just got off the phone with someone in the Personnel office at City Hall, they were told to tell anyone who calls that they have not sent out the tests to be graded and do not have an idea of when the results will be mailed out.

Comment

slow...

i'm prepared to wait....it took around 9 months from when i dropped off my app...till they gave the test! Any idea how many guys they are taking?

Comment

I don't know anything about the test but I have heard if the money is available, there could be 7 some time in the spring.
          Northeast Fire Photos

Comment

I have heard 15 guys immediately for awhile now.

Comment

Got a letter saying I passed and to report to the swim test. Thats weird how a few days ago the test werent sent out and now these letters.... left hand not talking to the right.
              Last edited by FirefighterRI; 01-24-2008, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Cranston

I got a letter saying I passed but my score wasn't high enough to move forward in the process.....do you think if people can't pass the swim test they will call those of us back who passed? It is strange that less then a week ago these tests weren't even graded...

Comment

Anyone know how many are swimming and what else is left in the process?

Comment

Why take so many people to the swim test if they are only hiring 15 guys...

Comment

Exactly!!!!!!!!!
                      I dont know why depts do this. I dont imagine that someone with a just passing score is going to jump approx 120 other guys based upon an interview. I would hate to see that guy take 2 days out of work to swim and climb a ladder all while needing a miracle to get on. Maybe im that guy maybe im not either way that sucks. That being said, ive never run a test so maybe those guys do have a shot for all i know. Just seems unlikely.

Comment

I heard that there isn't an interview... so i checked all the paperwork and there is no mention of one in any of it....so how are they going to eliminate people?

Comment

I cant imagine there being no interviews. Who the hell knows in this damn state tho.

Comment

After the swim and ladder climb, the list will come out in order of the scores. There is an interview when a class is going to start but only for the number of guys going on. The reason they keep a lengthy list is because essentially you are all taking every test that is being offered from every city. Typically, the guys scoring near the top of this test are doing the same in every other city. Warwick or EP may have hired guys before Cranston did and Cranston may have to go to #7 to get the first guy. The other thing we have run into is the EMT-C requirement. You don't need it to take the test but if you don't have it when they call, you are getting skipped. They won't hear anything about you being in school for it. If you come out at the top of the list you will get hired, plain and simple(at least in Cranston).
                            Northeast Fire Photos

Comment

Hmm, well that sounds reasonable. So glad I went to cardiac school when I did. I know at least 10 guys who took it without having cardiac thinking they would get a year to have it. Wish I knew my score lol.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X