X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emt161
    replied
    Yep. January it is.

Of course, they also said it would be (this past) September.

Leave a comment:

• ajcfire
    replied
    I heard maybe January now for 48th academy?

Leave a comment:

• ajcfire
    replied
    Anyone hear anything about a possible 48th academy for providence...i heard rumors they might scrap the list and retest?
    Last edited by ajcfire; 08-22-2007, 08:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• emt161
    replied
    Oh well, off by a few days.

Leave a comment:

• Steeda83
    replied
    graduation for the 47th is july 2nd

Leave a comment:

• emt161
    replied
    Graduation for the 47th is July 6.

Start date for the 48th is, tenatively, some time in September.

Leave a comment:

• Oaktown
    replied
    Has anyone heard when the current academy ends and when the next one might start?

Leave a comment:

• mm2006
    replied
    Steeda83

Thank you for the information. I appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• Steeda83
    replied
    i'd consider one of the hardest departments to get on b/c of the amount of applicants, around 1500 for this test, and the last test before this one was about 5 years ago

Leave a comment:

• Steeda83
    replied
    i'd consider one it of the hardest departments to get on b/c of the amount of applicants, around 1500 for this test, and the last test before this one was about 5 years ago

Leave a comment:

• mm2006
    replied
    How often does Providence test? Is it difficult to get hired there?

Leave a comment:

• Sir12280
    replied
    the city has ordered enough equipment for 2 academies, i.e. 60 dress uniforms, 60 helmets, 60 scott face pieces, etc.. there will most likely be a second academy b/c the city isnt into buying extra especially for the fire department, but like anything else wait til it actually happens, those letters that went out mean nothing more than that you've passed the written test, physical agility and background investigation, making you a possible candidate out of around 500 some odd people, the only ones that know they will be in an academy are the ones that went for their psychs/medicals and passed them

Leave a comment:

• PuffyNPFD
    replied
    Don't bet on seeing another class from this test. According to sources, Mayor Sissyline was quoted as saying "I just need a fire dept., not a good one, just some people on a big red truck". Besides, they took all the minorities and women who passed for this class. Out of 37 only 17 are white males. Yet another great American institution ruined by mindless, pandering politicians.

Leave a comment:

• emt161
    replied
    I kept hearing rumors about a suit against Cranston for their last test, but since the guys are on the job I guess that ship has sailed.

Leave a comment:

• cfdeng3
    replied
    When was the last time that Providence gave a test and a group of disgruntled applicants didn't file a lawsuit. I have heard that may happen this time also. Good luck to all but don't count on anything.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X