Providence Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Providence Academy

has anyone heard when providence might be starting an academy, they've completed all the testing and have sent out letters stating they'll be making their selections within the next few weeks but havent heard anything yet and that was over a month ago

I haven't but best of luck to you. I applied to N.Providence and I'm about to take my written (Nov 4th).

Comment

yeah just waiting is the worst, hang in there, good luck!

Comment

i heard letters went out for the academy, anyone else hear anything?

Comment

I know they're out; a friend of mine got his last week. I'm not sure how many got accepted into the first academy, but I believe it was somewhere around 35. If you didn't get yours, don't worry--this definitely won't be the only academy.

Comment

yup the letters went out but i also heard there will be another academy following this one, so goodluck

Comment

providence fire academy

Got my letter from providence, looks like i'll be in the 48th academy. Does anyone know when the 47th academy & 48th academy should start, and where would they hold the academy?

Comment

congrats, but dont get too worked up, you'll still have to pass a psych and medical exam
                Last edited by Steeda83; 12-03-2006, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by e2firefighterdw
                  Got my letter from providence, looks like i'll be in the 48th academy. Does anyone know when the 47th academy & 48th academy should start, and where would they hold the academy?
                  If it's the same letter I got, it doesn't mean crap. Just that you aren't in the 47th.

Comment

Originally posted by emt161
                    If it's the same letter I got, it doesn't mean crap. Just that you aren't in the 47th.
                    what did yours say? a friend of mine got one that said hes in the pool of prospective candidates for the 48th and possibly the 47th, or something along those lines, it also said not to call the DOT

Comment

Originally posted by Steeda83
                      what did yours say? a friend of mine got one that said hes in the pool of prospective candidates for the 48th and possibly the 47th, or something along those lines, it also said not to call the DOT
                      Mine said the same, and I'll bet all the money in my pocket right now that e2firefighterdw's letter was identical. Reading comprehension, people....

Comment

Originally posted by emt161
                        Mine said the same, and I'll bet all the money in my pocket right now that e2firefighterdw's letter was identical. Reading comprehension, people....
                        lol give the guy a break, when you get a letter the first time you're so nervous/excited you barely recognize the words, but yeah besides i'd doubt they would send out letters for the 48th academy considering the 47th only has a tenative starting date

Comment

Originally posted by Steeda83
                          lol give the guy a break, when you get a letter the first time you're so nervous/excited you barely recognize the words, but yeah besides i'd doubt they would send out letters for the 48th academy considering the 47th only has a tenative starting date
                          They were told to report January 8th.

Comment

oh i know, but the psychs and medicals arent done yet and Januaray 8th is still a tenative starting date until today is january 8th
                            Last edited by Steeda83; 12-12-2006, 11:21 AM.

Comment

When was the last time that Providence gave a test and a group of disgruntled applicants didn't file a lawsuit. I have heard that may happen this time also. Good luck to all but don't count on anything.
                              Northeast Fire Photos

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X