Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PA Helmet Compliance NFPA, OSHA, or Both?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA Helmet Compliance NFPA, OSHA, or Both?

I'm curious as to what regulations do we follow in PA for our fire helmets and PPE? I have looked up and down the internet and have not been able to find any information to give me an answer. I'm looking to purchase a leather helmet and I just want to know what it needs to comply with NFPA, OSHA, or both of them. If someone could give me an answer or a source as to where I could find this information I would appreciate it!

So since PA is a non OSHA state and we're a commonwealth it falls on the AHJ correct? So that's the individual dept I belong to has the say in what we follow? It doesn't go by the city or county the dept is in? I apologize I'm not the most savy person on this.

Comment

To be a non OSHA state, your state has to adopt their own regulations that match or exceed OSHA. A state can't be any less than OSHA, only more. OSHA being Federal regulations, it covers the entire country unless your state chooses to create their own "OSHA" regulations. NJ is such a state. Our PEOSHA regs are more restrictive than OSHA.
      "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X